Main Menu

Recent posts

Welcome Aboard! / Re: Knock Knock
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 07:50:26 AM
Slash!  Good to see you man.  The lights are still on.  :cool:
Music, TV, Movies / Re: VUE and related software (...
Last post by ArizonaTank - Today at 05:48:50 AM
Good stuff! thanks!
Last post by Gusington - Today at 02:48:19 AM
'Sup Slash! Please don't be a stranger.
Computer Gaming / Re: Total war pharaoh - coming...
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 10:35:33 PM
As usual nothing about battle mechanics. More unit reskins and campaign abstraction.
Computer Gaming / Re: Sins Of a Solar Empire 2
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 10:32:22 PM
A good write up by the devs on some of the differences between earlier sins titles and sins2:

https://forums.sinsofasolarempire2.com/527795/page/1/#3930114
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Yesterday at 10:10:46 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on Yesterday at 10:03:52 PMJust driving by and saw the lights on so I thought I'd stick my head in to say, 'Hello All' and see how everyone is doing? Well, happy, healthy, and a winning lottery ticket in every pocket I hope.  :peace:

Welcome back, old friend. Hope you'll stay awhile. 
Welcome Aboard! / Knock Knock
Last post by Sir Slash - Yesterday at 10:03:52 PM
Just driving by and saw the lights on so I thought I'd stick my head in to say, 'Hello All' and see how everyone is doing? Well, happy, healthy, and a winning lottery ticket in every pocket I hope.  :peace:
Quote from: TheMeInTeam on May 04, 2024, 11:50:12 PMTook the win on magic phase attacks on thrones.  Mari was very powerful! GG all!

One last big fight before the end:

Amazing you defeated an army of that size with just a few monkeys. What was the secret magic?
Computer Gaming / Re: Total war pharaoh - coming...
Last post by Tanaka - Yesterday at 09:16:53 PM
This is interesting...When they do this I will definitely consider buying...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1937780/view/4195742629899155743

Hello, Total War Community!

We hope the valiant Montu has brought victories to those of you who braved the battlefields of Ancient Egypt, Anatolia and the Levant, while the wisdom of Toth will bolster the decisiveness of those who are yet to thread those ancient fields of destruction.

In January we launched the High Tide Update for Total War: PHARAOH, welcoming the harbingers of the Bronze-Age Collapse, the Sea Peoples, as a new playable culture alongside their two dedicated factions, bringing the core roster up to ten. We were delighted to see your positive reception to this free update which was part of our post-launch ambitions to create a vast Bronze-Age strategy experience.

As mentioned in our Leadership Message back in December, the vision for Total War: PHARAOH since the outset of the project has been to increase the size of the campaign map and introduce even more cultures and ways of engaging in glorious strategic conquest. Today, we're excited to announce that this will come courtesy of a vast free update that significantly reworks the existing campaign mode already available in PHARAOH's base-game. This update will usher in a host of exciting new additions whilst also implementing some familiar content from its Bronze-Age brother, A Total War Saga: TROY. We want to improve your experience of this most iconic age, and we're working hard to deliver it later this year.

In terms of the content you can expect to experience, prepare to embark on a conquest across a map that has greatly increased in size as we add the renowned and highly requested regions of Mesopotamia and the Aegean to the conflict alongside the playable cultures of Babylon, Assyria, Mycenae and Troy. Whilst within the strategic campaign layer, you will have access to all new mechanics such as the Dynasty system which adds mortality and succession to the faction leaders' quest to leave behind a legacy that will survive the ages. And finally, within battle you can expect over 80 new units for the Mesopotamian factions, alongside the addition of over 70 reworked units from a Total War Saga: TROY.

Given that this update will make some big changes to the way in which Total War: PHARAOH plays, we will be taking steps to ensure that you still have the choice to experience the original campaign should you wish to. We'll reveal more information on how this will be achieved in a later instalment.

On another note, we've made it clear that we're keen to improve the level of transparency we exhibit across all our products to ensure that you have a better understanding of what we're working on, as well as how and why we make certain design decisions. With this in mind, we want you to come on this Bronze-Age journey with us to help us begin to find the right path to a greater developer-community collaboration.

Starting next week, we'll be kicking off a series of conversations around the creation of this update, starting with a deep dive looking into the expanded campaign map and how we're aiming to bring this long-lost world to life, before inviting you all to send us your questions for a Q&A session the following week.

Every couple of weeks, we'll have a new topic featuring a variety of voices from across the project, first detailing how we're approaching the work, and inviting you to share your thoughts and feedback on that vision. We'll then come back to you the week after to dive into more detail on the topic over on the official Total War Discord - so make sure you join today and keep an eye out for new channels to post your hotly anticipated questions.

Thanks again for your support, and for your candid feedback - we want Total War: PHARAOH to be an incredible experience for everyone!

—The Total War Team
Music, TV, Movies / VUE and related software (for ...
Last post by JasonPratt - Yesterday at 08:44:51 PM
Wasn't totally sure where to put this, but since the software is/was primarily used for creating digital landscapes for the film industry (their first big hits being the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise!) I took a guess for this subforum.

QuoteVUE, PlantFactory and PlantCatalog are now free to use

Dear e-on customers, partners, and resellers:

For over 27 years, e-on software products have served the media and entertainment industry, and we couldn't be prouder of what we've have achieved with your ongoing support and passion for our tools. Since Bentley Systems acquired e-on in 2015, these products have been used in other Bentley solutions and by valued partners all over the world.

As Bentley continues to grow, however, we realized the need to reevaluate our product portfolio to strengthen our business. For over 39 years, Bentley's main focus has been to serve engineers and other professionals responsible for designing, constructing, and operating sustainable infrastructure, essential to the quality of life for everyone, everywhere. 

To ensure we can continue driving towards that mission, Bentley has made the difficult decision to end sales for and the further development of VUE, PlantFactory, and PlantCatalog products. In addition, support for these products will be limited to critical security patches only going forward.

Though we will no longer be allowing the purchase of new licenses, we want to ensure that you can continue using all the e-on products and technologies you've come to rely on over the years. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that VUE, PlantFactory, and PlantCatalog are now free to download and use. By downloading these perpetual builds, you will acknowledge the new end-user license agreement (EULA) and agree to use the software without support.

To learn more about this decision and how to continue using these products, we have created an FAQ section you can review.

Go to FAQ and Downloads
We apologize for any inconvenience this announcement may cause but hope you will continue finding joy and creativity using our free e-on technology. Thank you for your support, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Bentley Systems & the e-on software team

Bought VUE 6 Infinite for my Falcon NW supercomputer eons ago (if you'll pardon the pun), along with some related software (not from the same studio), with vague plans of learning to do graphical design work, and it was nifty, but I had too many other thing to work on for the time to learn it, alas. This is why I got the notification. (E-on has sent updates to VUE and its plant-work subpackages over the years.)

The link to downloading these tools is here: https://www.bentley.com/software/e-on-software-free-downloads/

I checked it out with the latest version of Avast and everything looks kosher.

The programs are totally free, and can be used for commercial projects. VUE 2023 and its plant things are the last stable releases; 2024 will be in perpetual beta, although open-source code fans may polish them up perhaps indefinitely. Both are available from Bentley in perpetuity.

The E-on Software tutorials on Youtube will remain operational, although I suspect fan channels will have better ones over time if better ones don't already exist!

So, if you ever wanted to see how Disney and other studios do (or used to do) CGI landscapes, here's your chance at no charge for however long Bentley (or whoever buys them perhaps) cares to keep them up!

My guess is that the design team, for whatever reasons, couldn't keep up with the new cutting edge competitors in performance and/or pricing, and so the film industry phased out use of the system. But I have great sentimental fondness for something I barely ever paid attention to (as any true grog might  :cool: ) -- right this moment I can see those boxes on my shelf about two arm lengths away.  :Dreamer:

Also I wanted to archive access to the downloads in case I lose the email link by accident.  :grin: