Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I have to say I'm ridiculously impressed by the extent and glory on display in that article.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

Claim your PAX South Exclusive Paint Job for Elite Dangerous :

https://community.elitedangerous.com/promotions/paxsouth2016

You should get a free Eagle paint job (when patch 2.1 releases ?).

steve58

Just saw this in my inbox...
...you'll be pleased to know that our incredible community pulled together and won all players with between 3 and 18 hours of gameplay at the time (that's you!) a FREE Viper Mk IV. The ship is yours, in game right now and just waiting for collection from Clauss City in the Gunnovale system.

Guess, I need to fire up ED this weekend to grab this.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jomni

Quote from: steve58 on March 04, 2016, 05:42:54 PM
Just saw this in my inbox...
...you'll be pleased to know that our incredible community pulled together and won all players with between 3 and 18 hours of gameplay at the time (that's you!) a FREE Viper Mk IV. The ship is yours, in game right now and just waiting for collection from Clauss City in the Gunnovale system.

Guess, I need to fire up ED this weekend to grab this.

I go that free one a long time ago.

Toonces

I booted this up today for the first time in about a year.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or feature.  When I engage the frame drive to go into supercruise, like when you're within maybe 30Ls away from a space station, my throttle stops responding.

I'm using a CH Fighterstick/Throttle HOTAS set up.  The throttle works when I'm not in frame drive, but when I go into frame drive it stops responding so I can't slow down to drop out of hyperdrive/supercruise. 

Also, the game will recognize the ministick "up" direction in the controls setup, but in game it won't recognize that direction no matter what I map it to; the other directions work fine.

I'm thinking this is a bug.  I can't figure it out.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Pete Dero

Frontier Developments announces that Elite Dangerous: Arena is available for free this weekend, and everyone who downloads a copy from the Frontier Store or Steam between now and 1:00 pm EDT Monday will get to keep it forever.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Toonces on March 12, 2016, 01:03:23 PM
I booted this up today for the first time in about a year.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or feature.  When I engage the frame drive to go into supercruise, like when you're within maybe 30Ls away from a space station, my throttle stops responding.

I'm using a CH Fighterstick/Throttle HOTAS set up.  The throttle works when I'm not in frame drive, but when I go into frame drive it stops responding so I can't slow down to drop out of hyperdrive/supercruise. 

Also, the game will recognize the ministick "up" direction in the controls setup, but in game it won't recognize that direction no matter what I map it to; the other directions work fine.

I'm thinking this is a bug.  I can't figure it out.

That's a bug, for sure.  You should submit a ticket to FD.  My HOTAS does not operate in that way at all.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Kushan

Gamescon hasn't even started and already there is new information on patch 2.2 being released.

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Its been a long time since I booted this up...probably since right after the Horizon's beta was released.

I've been thinking about logging in and picking up where I have left off, but I'm afraid of losing my expensive Python due to unfamiliarity with new game systems. I know some of you guys are still active with it...how has it changed over the last year or so? Anything in particular I would need to look out for? What are the best ways to earn credits these days?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Ok - I was going to stay out of this and let some other hard core Elitist reply - particularly as I wasn't very good at it...but as you've been starved of responses...

I haven't been in it a great deal...not in the last month or so at least. What I do know is when I did last play it for a few days (maybe a couple of months ago?), it was much more enjoyable.

Apart from Horizons and it being (seemingly) easier to trade, I can't say I found it that different or daunting to jump back in after my hiatus. You remember my complete inability to make any money, right? Well, I was able to increase my wealth considerably in those days. So if I was to hazard a guess, trade is either a)easier or b)more plentiful.

Either way - when I jumped in I was familiar with everything in short order and enjoyed it.

So jump in - I'm sure you'll find the water fine.  O0
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

bob48

I'd hate to get grabbed by the Thargoids.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

It's part of the prostate test for a man of your age

bob48

Been there, done that.

Why aren't you busy painting mini's?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Basing the first platoon - Pva and grass everywhere - mishap with the primer can and the nozzle fell off so back to warlord tomorrow for another can