September's Eagles now on Kickstarter

Started by Byearian, August 02, 2013, 03:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byearian

I'm new to the board. I was invited to join a day or two ago but wanted to bring attention to everyone that High Flying Dice Games, a publisher of over 30 DTP published wargames, 2 boxed games and a publisher of a game on college students studying for finals, has begun to produce games in another genre.

We have launched a Kickstarter project! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1642562782/septembers-eagles-the-golden-age-of-air-racing-gam

We've done this for several reasons. We didn't want it to languish for 1-2 years on a P500 list. We aren't independently wealthy. We've designed it, developed it, and playtested it. We have the production and manufacturing in place, we are just waiting for your support and backing of this project. Paul Rohrbaugh is demoing the game this weekend at the WBC and we should have pictures soon!

We have several interesting rewards like:

• Personalized Pilot's License for you to proudly display
  • Personalized Pilot Card for use during play
  • "What Would Roscoe Do?" Shirts to wear while playing

We already have 1 stretch goal in place with more coming!
I have attached a copy of Paul's Pilot License for your enjoyment!

Show us some love and support, you won't be disappointed.

Bruce Yearian
High Flying Dice Games
http://www.hfdgames.com
http://hfdgames.com/se/sept_eagles.html

bayonetbrant

Very cool.  Can you tell us a bit more about the game?

Number of players?
Individual aircraft / person, or multiple?
Play time?

Want to give us a few pictures?

Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Byearian

Sure thing buddy!

The game is for 2-4 players and allows play not only on your own turn but you get to meddle with other players when its their turn. Nothing cooler then messin' with somebody! A game takes about an hour and is excellent for tournament play.

Here's a list of what's in the box:

• One, mounted, 22" x 34" game board
  • One, full color, 20 page rule book that is loaded with examples
  • One, full color Racing Program booklet with details on every race from the Golden Age of air racing along with a "Create Your Own" sheet
  • One, 54 Action Card deck
  • One, 36 Plane Card deck
  • One, 33 Pilot Card deck
  • 36 airplane tokens of the planes of the era of the Thompson Trophy
  • 4 Airspeed Gauges where you track how far you can move and your altitude
  • 6 pylons with stands

Here's a sample of a pilot card:

Here's a sample of a plane card:

Here's a sample of the action cards. They are used to move and maneuver your plane and interfere with the other players during their turns:

The Airspeed Gauge tracks how many space you can move on the game board as well as the plane's altitude:

Here is a small version of all the planes in the game:

There are a number of rewards such as a pilot license from the High Flying Dice Flight School and Academy. You could get a "What Would Roscoe Do?" T-shirt or even a personalized Pilot Card like this one:

I'll post updates every so often but I strong recommend that everyone follow the project by visiting the page!

Thanks ever so much!

Bruce Yearian
High Flying Dice Games
http://hfdgames.com/se/sept_eagles.html
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1642562782/septembers-eagles-the-golden-age-of-air-racing-gam

bayonetbrant

I actually really like the idea of being able to mess with other people - too few games give you that option.  That was one of the biggest failings of Runebound - a game I was otherwise predisposed to love - is that you never had a reason to interact with other players, like a bounty on their heads or preventing them from accomplishing quests.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Byearian

Well the subject got me hooked but the fact that you can force a plane to not move as far, or slow down enough to force it into a stall and maybe crashing really got me interested. I love playing all types of games but when you have to sit and watch others play and do nothing, it gets very boring for me now. Used to not be that way.

Besides, taunting someone else when you play an Incident Card on them is sooo much fun! ;D

Staggerwing

Very interesting. Looks like it's right up the alley for any fan of the Golden Age of Aviation.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys