Main Menu

Imperator: Rome

Started by steve58, February 05, 2019, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Release date announced:  April 25
Price ~$40

https://steamcommunity.com/games/859580/announcements/detail/1750114627259894945

(tried to search for any existing threads, but the Search feature seems hosed for me lately...)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

IronX

Grim.Reaper

Awesome!  I thought it wasn't coming out to much later this year.....instant buy and preorder.

Grim.Reaper

BTW, greenmangaming is offering 10% off for both deluxe and standard edition.....

JasonPratt

I saw that earlier today when booting up Steam at work for other purposes (my Lords of Waterdeep matches).

I preordered so fast, my head spun around and snapped: "WHY NOT WAIT FOUR YEARS UNTIL THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT OF THE BASE GAME AND THE FIRST SEVEN DLC PACKS?!?"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 05, 2019, 07:58:10 PM
I saw that earlier today when booting up Steam at work for other purposes (my Lords of Waterdeep matches).

I preordered so fast, my head spun around and snapped: "WHY NOT WAIT FOUR YEARS UNTIL THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT OF THE BASE GAME AND THE FIRST SEVEN DLC PACKS?!?"

I saw that. I am holding my powder on this one.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Tpek

Europa Universalis Rome 3?

I hope that they finally got rid of the typical Paradox-style diplomacy system, it's what always ruins those games for me.

Vercingetorix: "Sorry Caesar, I know you conquered all of Gaul, but I'm not willing to let you have any of it. So I'm just going to be sitting here in the comfort of my home, which you dare not interrupt, and refuse all your diplomatic pleas to have any of the territory.
Maybe one day, I I feel generous, I will let you have some tiny tract of land in exchange for you having to wage war all over again".  :idiot2:

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tpek on February 06, 2019, 10:03:11 AM

Was there a EURome2?  ???

The engine looks like a major step in the direction of Rome:Total War (for whatever that's worth -- I regard the visuals as an improvement). And I doubt they've gotten rid of whatever diplomacy system has been behind Vicky2, CK2, and EU4.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 06, 2019, 01:17:09 PM
Quote from: Tpek on February 06, 2019, 10:03:11 AM

Was there a EURome2?  ???

The engine looks like a major step in the direction of Rome:Total War (for whatever that's worth -- I regard the visuals as an improvement). And I doubt they've gotten rid of whatever diplomacy system has been behind Vicky2, CK2, and EU4.

I seem to remember a EUR2 game.

glen55

I'm in. With over 2K hours in on EU4 & HOI 4, and having done a recent spate of ancient history reading after being inspired by AC Odyssey, this is the no brainer of no brainers. I usually wait for the reviews these days, but I can't fool myself about whether I'm going to buy this or not no matter what the reviews say. The only question is when, and it might as well be early.

p.s. Pretty doggoned sure Paradox never slipped an EU Rome 2 by me. Y'all confused w/TW Rome 2 by any chance?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Pretty sure no version 2 but think I remember some expansion and patch that had to be paid for

JasonPratt

I think the original EU Rome was based on a heavily modified version of EU2.

That wouldn't be EURome 2, but an "EU" and a "2" would be heavily connected to the title.

(Relatedly, EURome is on sale at Steam at heavy discount during the Lunar sale and/or to promote the coming title.)

sandman2575

Day one purchase without question.

I still find it weird how long Pdox is taking with its "Man the Guns" DLC. Still no release date. The original announcement was in May 2018, which is also when they announced Imperator.

Grim.Reaper

If people thinking of buying, not a bad deal at fanatical......$45 for deluxe or $33 for standard edition, using the code Lunar8.  I guess its possible better sales may come before release, but guessing not drastically different.