Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: parone on August 21, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
Quote from: Phobos on August 21, 2013, 11:28:54 AM
No offense, but there is only one, maybe two gamers I know in meatspace, that I would trust to remain impartial while hosting a game they are also playing.  I will not be participating if anyone decides to host the continuing game, unless a 3rd party takes over the administrative duties.

is this a joke?  how could somebody influence a game they admin?

admins are people who volunteer their time to make games happen for others.

that is just an asshole statement.

He's probably just had a bad experience or two, in the past, with pbem. 

I don't play much PBEM, myself, but I've heard the occasional nasty story.  I doubt it's very widespread in our niche of the woods, but there will always be a few (as with anything).  I didn't take it as a direct insult on us, just general policy.

I think, in the end, you would've overcome me Parone.  I was actually pretty damn poor up until I fired off that "Milk & Honey" global enchantment, and I was probably still quite a ways behind you, as most of my provinces were forest.  So I had lots of Resources and little monetary income from those.

Phobos

An admin that is also playing the game can open completed turns sent to them and modify their own actions to gain advantage.  They could also pass along those completed turns to whoever they liked.

Would Ysk do this?  I don't know, I don't know the guy.  I'm friends with people that have pulled this kind of stunt, simply for a laugh.

3rd party websites like llamaserver have the benefit of being a completely neutral host, as well as providing an easily accessible service that is user friendly.

Yskonyn

Well indeed you do not know me, but rest assured; the day I will do cheating stuff like you describe to make me win will certainly not come.. Ever.
I play because I like playing against other people, wether I win or loose doesn't really matter in the end. I rather learn from the others than cheat and grab a meaningless victory.

Besides, I am too damn lazy to pull off such a feat anyway. Manually hosting a PBEM game is a big chunk of work as it is.

But hey, this is the internet. I can write down anything I fancy, for all you care. Perhaps I am a horny co-ed typing this naked in front of my PC getting off at seeing all those black letters appear on a white screen! ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 22, 2013, 02:55:48 AM
I am a horny co-ed typing this naked in front of my PC getting off at seeing all those black letters appear on a white screen! ;)

WHO WILL FLY THE PLANES???????????????????

Yskonyn

Don't you get it? I am no pilot! This is the internet, I just say I am one! :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."