Polaris Sector - another new space 4x

Started by RedArgo, November 02, 2015, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

1.04c is out. It claims to have fixed the AI Fuel Cheat bug!

Maybe its  time to jump back in...

After extensive testing, the 1.04c patch for Polaris Sector is released!
The game is constantly being upgraded, and the developers have recently asked the community what they would like to see in the next major update. So stay tuned for more news!

Changelog:

•   Vast modding API improvement
•   Heroes backend is now fully functional
•   New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that can be colonized and developed
•   Destruction of planets
•   Weapon type that can fire capital ships only (ex. SW Death Star weapon)
•   Customizable look for missiles
•   Satellites and stations can now have fuel cells and refuelling stations to act as a refuel and repair bases far from colonized planets
•   Separated fuel reserve from travel range, meaning that a ship or station without engines (and thus no travel range) can still has a fuel reserve
•   Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
•   Possibility to use several mods simultaneously
•   AI tweaks both in combat and on strategic map
•   Fixed the exploit that allowed to destroy factories after building orbital factories
•   Fixed the Military Training Center
•   Fixed CellsEditor starting incorrectly the new ship body without cells
•   Fixed the problem with AI fleets attacking from extreme range due to "AI fuel cheat"
•   Fixed calculations of autoresolve for some battles that involve satellites
•   Changed Science Domination conditions
•   Science development index is now shown in percentage, not in the raw points
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

Steelgrave

I started a new game after the last patch and have yet to see heroes, asteroids, tankers that don't screw themselves or any other cool stuff. I'm showing 1.04C now, I know my current game was 104.B.  What's up?

mikeck

Sounds like you can't continue an old game. Probably have to start a new game with the new patch to see everything properly?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Freyland

Quote from: mikeck on July 06, 2016, 10:32:08 PM
Sounds like you can't continue an old game. Probably have to start a new game with the new patch to see everything properly?
Read his post again.

mikeck

Quote from: Freyland on July 07, 2016, 09:47:26 AM
Quote from: mikeck on July 06, 2016, 10:32:08 PM
Read his post again.

Ahh, got it.

Have you tried turning the computer off and then on again? Lol...only solution to any computer associated problem I know
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tanaka

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2016, 07:30:53 PM
1.04c is out. It claims to have fixed the AI Fuel Cheat bug!

Maybe its  time to jump back in...

After extensive testing, the 1.04c patch for Polaris Sector is released!
The game is constantly being upgraded, and the developers have recently asked the community what they would like to see in the next major update. So stay tuned for more news!

Changelog:

•   Vast modding API improvement
•   Heroes backend is now fully functional
•   New types of space object types in additional to planets (asteroid belts, for example) that can be colonized and developed
•   Destruction of planets
•   Weapon type that can fire capital ships only (ex. SW Death Star weapon)
•   Customizable look for missiles
•   Satellites and stations can now have fuel cells and refuelling stations to act as a refuel and repair bases far from colonized planets
•   Separated fuel reserve from travel range, meaning that a ship or station without engines (and thus no travel range) can still has a fuel reserve
•   Added the possibility for tankers to reserve some fuel for themselves
•   Possibility to use several mods simultaneously
•   AI tweaks both in combat and on strategic map
•   Fixed the exploit that allowed to destroy factories after building orbital factories
•   Fixed the Military Training Center
•   Fixed CellsEditor starting incorrectly the new ship body without cells
•   Fixed the problem with AI fleets attacking from extreme range due to "AI fuel cheat"
•   Fixed calculations of autoresolve for some battles that involve satellites
•   Changed Science Domination conditions
•   Science development index is now shown in percentage, not in the raw points

Finally! This was holding me back as well!

Steelgrave

I just started a new game and ran into asteroid fields right away, so that's a good sign. Heroes and some of the other mentioned upgrades I haven't seen yet, but I have very little time invested in the new game so far. We'll see.

Barthheart

I don't think Heroes are "actually" in the game yet... just the coding for them seems to be ready.... at least that's how I read it.

FarAway Sooner

At this stage, I think only the heroes' rear ends are functional.  So I can imagine the rest of them might not be showing up in the game yet?

:crazy2:

goldsboro

For tankers it is now possible to manually set the amount of fuel they leave for themselves. There is a button next to the tanker icon.

Steelgrave

Quote from: goldsboro on July 08, 2016, 12:50:38 PM
For tankers it is now possible to manually set the amount of fuel they leave for themselves. There is a button next to the tanker icon.

Good information, thanks!

solops

There are heroes in the Star Wars mod.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Wolfe1759

Are their backends fully functional ... even when frozen in carbonite?

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill