Naval Battles Simulator

Started by steve58, February 04, 2019, 12:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FlickJax

bbmike

"The Real Time Strategy Game"  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Destraex

I am sure it has slow down time features bb. If that makes a difference.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Philippe

I haven't downloaded it, but apparently there's a demo:

https://www.nbsim.co.uk/download
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Awaiting opinions. Still waiting. Still.....waiting.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Looks like this is not only still alive, but due to be released on Feb 26th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/936980/Naval_Battles_Simulator/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Destraex

Demo seems to have been replaced by a sale page.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

demjansk1942

I watched a little and are submarines in the game?  I hope so

steve58

Its out and available on Steam for $14.99.  Just bought Ultimate Admirals Dreadnoughts a while ago, so going to wait and see on this one. That and really waiting for TFA-ACB.

Briefly looking over reviews and it sounds like a blend of Great Naval Battles and Rule the Waves.

bobarossa

Price is certainly right on this one.  Looks very interesting.  Not sure what purpose the cargo convoys serve. 

The_Admiral

Well, as they were the whole point of the Battle of the Atlantic, and considering the player gets to control the sub patrol zones and the German raiders too from what I see in the videos, it would seem a bit odd to leave them out of this I'd say  ;)
I am interested in any sort of return too, so don't hesitate to share!

mbar

I have not seen a youtube video that has had any audio in NBS>