Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I didn't watch the video, but if you're navigating your Hornet by ADF you are having a really, really bad day.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

This is pretty cool - an hour long mind

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 16, 2018, 04:56:04 PM
This is pretty cool - an hour long mind

<..vid..>

They have a big Team PvP match on Sundays.  Fun watching the replay of the action on YT later on.  O0

Apocalypse 31

I really dig their videos.

I especially enjoy how they merge DCS and ArmA missions from different perspectives.

Toonces

For your consideration:

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

^ Have it, works great. The programming software manual finally got translated from Russian.  It's insane the amount of stuff you can program it to do, I don't even use most of it cause it's almost like cheating. 

I really just got it it because I wanted the smoothest feel possible, and it definitely has that.

Toonces

You need to expand on that.  I'm not seeing a lot of non-English stuff, and this is something the hardcore will be interested in.

Skoop

VKB is a Russian company and for years they produce these elite level controllers with powerful programing software. You could do things like make your aircraft trim on axis that didn't even have trim in RL.  I could never do much with the software cause the manual was always released in Russian until last month they finally released one in English.  It's still super complicated to do some of the technical programing. 

I really just use the in game programing like every one else and it works great for that.

I also like the spring / Cam system they use, far smoother than the warthog.  Comes with sets of different cams and springs with built in dampeners so you can dial in exactly how much tension / resistance you want.

Yskonyn

Is the Modern Combat Grip plastic or metal?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

Metal internals, metal trigger, metal brake lever.  The exterior is plastic, but it's pretty tough and well made. The warthog might have a metal exterior, but it's a facade.  It's internals are low grade and I've hade tons of problems with mine, that's why I switched to VKB.

Jarhead0331

How much? How about a throttle?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

They have a throttle in the planning phase but that will be a year away.  I just use my warthog throttle, which works fine.

Yskonyn

They also offer the Gunfighter base with an adapter to mount your Warthog stick.
This would be my prefered setup. All metal cam system for its gimbals, but the Warthog grip.
If I would go this route, would the device be recognised as a Warthog stick still or does the Gunfighter base has its own USB ID? In other words, are the electronics housed inside the stick or the base?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

VKB sells the adapter that you have to install inside the warthog grip.  Once that's done, it's compatible to connect to the gunfighter base and is recognized as a gunfighterVKB.  It will no longer be identified as a warthog.

Yskonyn

Thanks Scoop. I might hold off then.
Getting the 'long' and 'short' bindings into DCS for the TMS and the like might be a pain in the ass to configure . I am not sure I have the will to figure that stuff out.
My Warthog is from the first batch run and it has no stiction and no issues.