Main Menu

November FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 28, 2019, 02:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 28, 2019, 12:02:44 PM
Both?

Right answer! O0

Red eyes in the dark is always a viable reason to piss yourself.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Quote from: solops on June 28, 2019, 11:13:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on June 28, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
Quote from: solops on June 28, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
Deity Empires.
Hog hunting
Brisket smoking

Is the Hog Hunting just for extermination?  In most of the USA the heat is high and it will be harder to butcher the meat safely for the table.

For the city folk among us, hogs are one of the worst crop destroyers in the USA.  Every game warden talk I've ever heard contained two lines: take kids hunting and shoot every wild hog you see.
Yes. Between the loss of my quail and turkeys and equipment destruction, I cannot stand the critters. If we get a little piggy we'll cook it. Otherwise, to quote Darloks, Exterminate, Exterminate, Exterminate.

A losing battle.....

If your State allows it, I would start baiting a field for a couple of weeks just after dawn.  Then I'd get buddies with AR-15s with 30 round mags and set up an ambush over fresh bait placed at dawn.  Four guys on a line should be able to nail an entire sounder over bait.

CJReich46

Well I am off just for Saturday but work a short-ish shift on Sunday (home by noon)

I have been inspired in a big way thanks to watching Kruggsmash's Dwarf Fortress series, he concluded an epic one recently (Honeystoker). So with that, I decided to delve into it.  If anyone can inspire anyone to play DF, it is Kruggsmash.
So my agenda is:

Dwarf Fortress-  Fortress Cerolsodel "Lensshield" It is now winter. The dwarves are doing okay considering in the spring of 125, they lost a member who fell through the floor. (my fault in understanding the concept of channeling into the ground) but we had a successful trade, the dining hall has been successfully dug out, a trade with the mountain homes went well, so we're okay. Aside from the pesky buzzard.  Bedrooms are next, as is a non-specific temple (permits worship of any god) and kitchen.  Spring 126,  goal is to build a palisade. to protect the woods around the entrance.

Update: Ugh. I had a trader go insane, he got "put down." by a Woodcrafter. So everyone is in shock, tried to get the poor guy buried. That didn't work at all. So while I was digging a place to dump him in, the fort got attacked by a wererabbit (I am NOT kidding) and he took down a few dwarves but a few put the wererabbit down, or so we thought...then someone turned into a wererabbit...Oh did I mention we DID NOT have any squads to deal with this?

OUCH.  New world...new fort.

Will be be looking at the Steam Sale.

I'm not sure what I plan on getting. Scythe does sound interesting.  Ultimate General - Civil War or Gettysburg, I dunno really but it is payday.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

jamus34

I've tried digging into DF about three times now but it still eludes me.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I love the dev's release date note on their Steam page: "Planned Release Date: time is subjective".

In other news, DF now has a Steam edition in the works!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!