Battletech Campaign - gauging interest, come and take a look inside!

Started by Yskonyn, June 26, 2013, 08:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I am starting to get pretty confident to setup a test run battle to get our feet wet again.
The great guys over at The Shack have offered me their server to run our sessions on. These will be available 24/7 so it prevents me from having to setup a seperate server.

For our campaign I still need to work out what would work best regarding management.

Perhaps we can start making a planning for this intro session?
We need at least one person willing to play OpFor and that means controlling more than one unit.

July 15th I can make late evening work for me (GMT + 1) which will accomodate for you Yankees.
Otherwise I can work with July 19 - 21st?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 13, 2013, 04:31:14 AM
July 15th I can make late evening work for me (GMT + 1) which will accomodate for you Yankees.
Otherwise I can work with July 19 - 21st?
See, that's the time of day I'm just about guaranteed to be asleep.  By your clock, I hit the sack around 5-7 p.m., and wake up between 1 and 3 a.m. -- pretty much your entire evening.  In short, it's pretty much the worst possible time of day for me to try and be awake. 

This is why I'm doubtful about my ability to participate.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

Are you sure?
EST is 6 hours behind my local time. More to the West makes you more behind. So the later my evening, the more it is into your afternoon, or am I being backward somehow?
Do you work nightshifts and sleep during the day perhaps?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Yep. 

Quote from: Martok on June 26, 2013, 11:24:26 AM
Sigh.  If my availability wasn't even more notoriously unreliable than usual lately -- I work nights, and the last month or so I've been going to bed between 10:00 & noon and sleeping til anywhere between 5:00 & 8:00 -- I'd love to participate.  :(  It's been ages since I've played.  As it is, though, I'll have to content myself with watching from the sidelines.

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Yskonyn

Oof.. I should learn to read and then remember what I've read.
Sorry for questioning your sanity, Martok. ;) Although you must admit, working night shifts someone should question your sanity once in a while, right?

Martok

No worries Ysk.  *I* question my sanity on a near-constant basis.  :P 

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on July 13, 2013, 07:12:49 AM
No worries Ysk.  *I* question my sanity on a near-constant basis.  :P

You're not the only one ;)

I'm in CST which is GMT-7.  During the week or on the weekend are fine, but, all is subject to the whims of my girlfriend.  She keeps unusual hours and that leaves me with committing to this endeavor, but possibly having to back out on short notice.  If you are all willing to work around that rather nebulous schedule, I'm in :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Yskonyn

Some other stuff has come up.
I will need additional time fleshing out the story and the campaign. I won't keep you guys waiting, it might take a while, so I'll report back once things have been fleshed out more, a plan is solid and we can quickly kick off. Thanks for showing interest so far!

Martok

mirth

Thanks Yskonyn. Keep us I posted. I'm still interested when you're ready.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 13, 2013, 06:53:16 AM
Sorry for questioning your sanity, Martok.

dont apologize, we do it all question it all the time.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.