Total War: Warhammer, or Warhammer II?

Started by Ubercat, June 09, 2018, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

I have a kickass new gaming rig from Digital Storm on the way that just shipped yesterday. I'm looking forward to playing the latest high end games that my old box hasn't been able to handle for the last couple of years.

Which of the Warhammer games do you guys prefer? Also, any other suggestions? I'm thinking Fallout 4, Farcry ?, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity 2, etc.

I hope to buy one of the VR setups within a few months as well.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

If you purchase Warhammer I + II, you will get access to the gigantic Mortal Empires campaign.

Witcher 3 is one my favorite games of all time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

Thanks! I checked out the Mortal Empires campaign. I'll definitely have to get my hands on both games for that. Witcher 3 looks mandatory as well.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

You're welcome - having a campaign of Warhammer TW going while also diving in to The Witcher 3 is my gaming nirvana.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2018, 08:15:11 PM
You're welcome - having a campaign of Warhammer TW going while also diving in to The Witcher 3 is my gaming nirvana.

Is that swimming pool levels of loin moistening???
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Gushing geysers of Gussie groin gelatin!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Steam summer sale incoming, you'll be able to stock up soon. Usually starts .....what around June 21st.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Ian C

Quote from: Ubercat on June 09, 2018, 01:11:16 PM
I have a kickass new gaming rig from Digital Storm on the way that just shipped yesterday. I'm looking forward to playing the latest high end games that my old box hasn't been able to handle for the last couple of years.
Which of the Warhammer games do you guys prefer? Also, any other suggestions?

Assassins Creed Origins - even just for the Discovery Mode Tour, which is breathtaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeRRQ7WMYk0

Gusington

^Yes! I am about 8 hours in to Origins and it is a beautiful game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

Quote from: Ian C on June 12, 2018, 04:05:24 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on June 09, 2018, 01:11:16 PM
Which of the Warhammer games do you guys prefer? Also, any other suggestions?

Assassins Creed Origins - even just for the Discovery Mode Tour, which is breathtaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeRRQ7WMYk0

I forgot the AssCreed games. Definitely have to put them on the list. In addition to a VR setup, I also plan on getting a 4K monitor. Maybe I should hold off on them until I get the better monitor? Same with Witcher 3.

I've been deliberating between getting the 4K or the VR first. Which would you guys prioritize?

- Thomas Sowell

jomni

Quote from: Ubercat

I've been deliberating between getting the 4K or the VR first. Which would you guys prioritize?

Whatever doesn't make me nauseous.  It think both options will but I don't know.  I will chose VR above 4K monitor.

Gusington

Witcher 3 is so well optimized that it looks beautiful on almost anything.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd