Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Vietnam
Last post by Old TImer - Today at 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: Jason Petho on April 21, 2024, 04:59:22 PM...I have a series of Tet related scenarios that deal with Hue from David Galster.

This is timely.    :Nerd: [url="https://www.amazon.com/Hue-1968-Mark-Bowden-audiobook/
Reading a fantastic book on the Battle of Hue 

Good stuff.
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 01:42:15 PM
Poland also announced (I think yesterday) that they would be willing to host tactical nukes in their country.
Last post by ArizonaTank - Today at 01:41:27 PM
Quote from: Gusington on Today at 07:09:42 AMWith so many 'Jesus Christ Russia' moments over the last two years+ I just don't know what to expect.

To keep the wife from freaking out, I have invested in a bottle of iodine tablets. We are just a few miles from an F-35 base, so I doubt they will help. But my wife feels better for having them.
Computer Gaming / Re: 40k Custodes - Who here ha...
Last post by W8taminute - Today at 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on Today at 03:15:59 AMyou've come to play soldiers to get away from all that and here in the microcosm of 40k it didn't exist and it was you and your army and your friends and now it's invading that bit of peace and quiet you had from the world

This is key to why I get so upset about this stuff.  Can't I be left alone to enjoy my toy soldiers in peace and quiet?

Also, forgive me for mentioning this, but remember, the enemy seeks to kill, steal, and destroy.  This is but one small example of that manifestation.  See, although I don't play WH40K miniatures, I'm still upset by this issue.  I got angry and let the enemy win with respect to his desire for destruction.  But I do enjoy playing my games and if I had some plastic toy soldiers I would play with them as well despite my middle age. 

I think a lot of gamers just want to be left alone and allowed to play their games in peace sans the controversies of this stupid real life.
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on Today at 08:49:39 AM:magnify:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/01/26/us-nuclear-bombs-lackenheath-raf-russia-threat-hiroshima/
to be housed...not there yet.

Anyway - enough of this side show (that I admittedly started)...back to Russian bashing!
Last post by al_infierno - Today at 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on Today at 03:15:59 AMI think to a certain degree it has nothing to do with female space marines and more to do with meeting up with your friends at a club or a garage and getting away from all the shit that compulsory diversity and woke-ism brings in an average working day and all the other crap that comes with real life because you've come to play soldiers to get away from all that and here in the microcosm of 40k it didn't exist and it was you and your army and your friends and now it's invading that bit of peace and quiet you had from the world

Don't get me wrong - I'm neither for or against - you do you over there and I'll do me over here

Like the vegans of this world - you can do that and I'll eat meat but don't be a dick and stand outside my restaurant calling me a flesh eating murderer

As I get older I realise the best most peaceful form of inclusivity is not to include any fucker at all

What doesn't make sense about this is why diversity and inclusion is this self-evidently abhorrent thing that must be "kept out" of a gaming space. Is play time really ruined because GW decided one faction is slightly more diverse?  Or if the shoe was on the other foot, would anyone be here crying the blues because a faction became less diverse? I doubt it.

At what point does the topic of diversity go from "it's OK to accept women and queer people in our hobby" to "oh my god, this is FORCED WOKE ISM and play time is ruined!"  Because to me it seems entirely arbitrary.
Quote from: Gusington on Today at 07:05:49 AM'Can't we all just get along?'

*throws brick at Gus.*

Last post by Windigo - Today at 10:00:27 AM
If you want to track the likelyhood of a nukefest, just track billionaires in Russia. If they suddenly all leave the country.... that won't be good.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 08:54:59 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on Today at 07:24:05 AMI hope one day they put all their energy into something they truly don't understand that is so deplorable and despicable to be a part of just so they can say there now were included and then go - fuck!

You mean, like "Queers for Palestine"?  :idiot2: