Is anyone on these boards a vegan?

Started by JudgeDredd, February 09, 2018, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 06, 2018, 04:38:48 PM
I haven't heard of Tempeh. I'm not too keen on the texture of Tofu so stay away from it really.

Tempeh is very different from Tofu in both texture and taste. Once seasoned and baked or fried it's more like a good vegiburger-type food. Check out the link I posted.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Seitan is another option and may be less expensive than Tempeh. Been a while since I comparison shopped.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Had a weigh in this morning. Started the year at 21st 2lbs (296lbs). Currently weigh 19st 12lbs (278lbs). A loss of 1st 4lbs (18lbs).

That's a nice side effect of my new direction. I haven't been this weight since July 2015!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

They really were - if I do say so myself.

I made some vanilla ones the other day that weren't so nice - came out kind of heavy. But these came out really light and fluffy. Made 12 more tonight and they've gone between the 3 of us.  #:-)
Alba gu' brath

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 22, 2018, 03:36:46 PM

I made some vanilla ones the other day that weren't so nice - came out kind of heavy. But these came out really light and fluffy. Made 12 more tonight and they've gone between the 3 of us.  #:-)
What! One each for the wife and daughter whilst you hogged the rest? ;)   >:D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Boggit on May 23, 2018, 12:01:12 AM

Well I made 'em  :-"
Alba gu' brath

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 23, 2018, 12:30:32 AM
Quote from: Boggit on May 23, 2018, 12:01:12 AM

Well I made 'em  :-"
:2funny:

JudgeDredd

Still going on the vegan front and tbh the more I get into it the less likely I am to go back to meat. There are soooooooo many alternatives about and the more I experiment, the more I like the road I'm walking.

I'm now 32lbs lighter (2 stone 4lbs or 15kg) than I was at the beginning of the year...and I'm not even "dieting" - meaning I'm snacking and eating plenty.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2018, 07:27:19 AM
Still going on the vegan front and tbh the more I get into it the less likely I am to go back to meat. There are soooooooo many alternatives about and the more I experiment, the more I like the road I'm walking.

I'm now 32lbs lighter (2 stone 4lbs or 15kg) than I was at the beginning of the year...and I'm not even "dieting" - meaning I'm snacking and eating plenty.

And what is the effect on your bike riding ?

At least the climbing should go easier.

JudgeDredd

Climbing is easier. Faster. Less breathless or at least not as breathless as quickly. Cadence is up.

In short, very noticeable.  O0
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Are you completely vegan or are there some animal proteins that you eat, even if in small amounts (ie sauteing in butter, etc)?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath