Endless Space 2 Fans...

Started by Ian C, July 12, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

So, I've found myself kind of bored with the mid-game in Stellaris, and based on recommendations here, I thought I'd try this game.  It's on sale on Steam for 66% off, so I thought I'd give it a try.  They're offering me a bunch of options:

• Basic game for $14
  • ES 2 Collection for $17 (includes a couple new heroes and the expanded soundtrack--meh--plus the Vaulters faction (yeah!), 2 Minor Factions, and a bunch of new quests

I'll skip the "Universe Collection" and the Endless DLC Churn for $120.  Any recommendations?  I'm leaning towards spending the extra $3, but the micro-transaction DLC stuff pisses me off so I thought I'd ask for second opinions here!

sandman2575

Get the edition with the Vaulters for the extra $3 for sure.

This may be the best version of the game. I'm not too thrilled with the Behemoths that got introduced with the Hissho expansion. They seem hugely unbalancing to me. But probably I just haven't adapted to the new demands of the game.

I really can't sing the praises of ES2 enough. I bought it on sale not too long ago, more or less on a whim, as I liked but definitely did not love ES1.  I really think it's stupendous. The best Space 4x I've played since Distant Worlds.

I booted up Stellaris the other night, as I was thinking about picking up some DLC during the Steam sale. The game just leaves me cold. Hard to put my finger on why. But as far as I'm concerned, ES2 >>> Stellaris, hands down.

Anguille

This game is great with amazing stories, music and artwork (also love the cartoons)...too bad the game bores me to death.... :-\

Ian C

jamus34

I'm finding the mid game to bog down something fierce.

I also agree that I don't understand the concept of behemoths. Given that you can't put them in a fleet they seem quite limited as true attack vehicles.

Again maybe I'm just missing something. 
Insert witty comment here.

Trooperc7

Just a reminder that there are several types of behemoths.....one is for helping the economy and one is for increasing your science production and one is for Military use. I use the military one for dealing with pirates and for holding locations early game. It takes a sizable enemy force to take them down.

jamus34

Gotcha trooper. I started playing this game pretty late so I was just getting the hang of the basics when the expansion dropped. So it's all me.

Still love it. Ranks up there as one of my favorite 4x games.
Insert witty comment here.