Endless Space 2 Fans...

Started by Ian C, July 12, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Am thrilled to see planetary invasion getting some love!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

Quote from: MC on August 02, 2018, 10:55:25 AM
Try before you buy......Free to play weekend on Steam!

And not just Endless Space 2, The Entire Endless series too!    :o

I must download Endless Space 2 or Endless Legend?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Both. Very different experiences. Both are very unique.

CJReich46

Quote from: Barthheart on August 02, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
Both. Very different experiences. Both are very unique.

Very true. I have played both during their free weekends.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

OJsDad

Endless Space 2 is on sale for $13.59.  That's 66% off.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Just watched the YouTube video for Supremecy and  it  looks excellent. If I can only buy one of the new DLCs it's going to be this one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: CJReich46 on August 02, 2018, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: MC on August 02, 2018, 10:55:25 AM
Try before you buy......Free to play weekend on Steam!

And not just Endless Space 2, The Entire Endless series too!    :o

I must download Endless Space 2 or Endless Legend?

Endless Legend is one of the best, if not THE best, of its genre. Get it. Endless Space 2...I don't know. Endless Space 1 was slick, pretty and unsatisfying, mainly due to a dull, repetitive auto-combat (the ONLY combat resolution available). I have been told in this thread that although Endless Space 2 follows the same model, combat has been improved.  Based on that, I am buying ES2 during this sale, as I already have Endless Legend (and ES1).
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

OJsDad

I see ES2 is turn based and multiplayer.  Does it offer good multi player game paly.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Yskonyn

I picked up ES2. Its a great sale and it had been on my wishlist for quite a while now.
Haven't played yet, though.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Been playing a lot of this over the weekend. I love the complex elegance and style of the game systems and I love the diversity of the major and minor races with truly meaningful differences among them.

After playing several different games over a period of many hours, though, the one thing that keeps hurting the experience is the same old side story events that ultimately add little to gameplay and distract from the focus of the game which is building and managing an empire. I've found that in the mid to late game, the choices that these side events force you to make are meaningless since it's irrelevant whether you take a -20 hit in dust or science for a brief period of 10 turns.

This is one of the few drawbacks to what is otherwise a fantastic and unique 4x.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Is there a way to play without story enabled?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 05, 2018, 01:16:16 PM

I don't think so. It's not just the story events though...there are also frequent random events that occur, which force you to make a choice. Each option usually offers a bonus and a penalty of some sort. Eventually when you are producing tremendous amounts of dust, resources and science, the choice you make is largely irrelevant.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2018, 05:57:09 PM

I don't think so. It's not just the story events though...there are also frequent random events that occur, which force you to make a choice. Each option usually offers a bonus and a penalty of some sort. Eventually when you are producing tremendous amounts of dust, resources and science, the choice you make is largely irrelevant.

When creating a new game you select a difficulty level....besides the usual easy-normal-hard-etc. there is one called "sandbox".   Not sure what that does and the Steam forums weren't much help figuring it out.  I wonder if it disables the story/choices?  Anyone know?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on August 05, 2018, 08:38:40 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2018, 05:57:09 PM

When creating a new game you select a difficulty level....besides the usual easy-normal-hard-etc. there is one called "sandbox".   Not sure what that does and the Steam forums weren't much help figuring it out.  I wonder if it disables the story/choices?  Anyone know?

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog