GMT COIN Wargames

Started by bayonetbrant, March 11, 2016, 09:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Cyrano on March 27, 2016, 10:00:39 PM
@AzTank -- A GH "FitL" would be pretty awesome, I think me.

I am going a business trip next week, but after I get back, I'll poll around to see who is interested in a FitL game.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart

Quote from: ArizonaTank on March 29, 2016, 07:27:59 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on March 27, 2016, 10:00:39 PM
@AzTank -- A GH "FitL" would be pretty awesome, I think me.

I am going a business trip next week, but after I get back, I'll poll around to see who is interested in a FitL game.

Puts hand up! I'd love to learn the game.

pfig

+1, I've been ogling it since I listened to Brian Train on Three Moves Ahead a few months ago.

bayonetbrant

There's a 'new' home-made COIN-on-Mars game.

Interview w/ designer on the front page....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

If these games use coins, you should consider SAGA, there on bases like two pence and £2 sizes, there is no facing so coins would work. you could prob use 10 pences too, maybe a separate counter for what side the coins are, but after learning SAGA I could easily use coins , and SAGA is incredibly interesting, but Ive never played a coin game yet so what do I know.

W8taminute

Liberty or Death?  There could be a copyright infringement.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

COIN = Counter-insurgency
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

JasonPratt

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 25, 2017, 03:00:44 PM
There's a 'new' home-made COIN-on-Mars game.

Interview w/ designer on the front page....

This "Phrunt'paij" of mystery and excitement can be found here, btw.

Discussing it here.

The raw paij, here, for those who dare.

Tabletop Simulator beta, woo!  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

demjansk1942

I just bought Cuba Libre, I hope it's a good one

DennisS

Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 13, 2019, 06:35:30 AM
I just bought Cuba Libre, I hope it's a good one

It is. Not as complex as some of the others.

Nefaro

I finally started reading the COIN rules again.  This time I plan on actually playing it so the rules stick in my thinkmeats better.

Have owned Fire In The Lake, Liberty Or Death for awhile and more recently acquired Falling Sky.  The latter two had been sitting on the shelf with unbroken shrink.

Having read the rules to Fire In The Lake awhile back, I think that's the most complicated one I could start with.  So Falling Sky it is.  Although I can already tell that Liberty Or Death will likely be my favorite due to it being damn gorgeous (and the subject, of course).

demjansk1942

I still have to open the box