Main Menu

Friday in Arms

Started by JudgeDredd, September 08, 2017, 04:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I absolutely LOVE this song and this video suits the song well. Stay with it to the end.

My new console love is eating my time between MLB The Show 17 and Madden NFL 18. I will likely try and fit in some F1 2017 on the PC - but I honestly don't think the PC will be getting a look in this weekend.

Also, I'll be looking to make a start on Star Wars Rebellion and the expansion Rise of the Empire going into next week.

Enjoy your gaming and as always my thoughts are with the people suffering the terrible weather conditions across the Caribean and Gulf of Mexico. I hope you get through it relatively unscathed and there's plenty of support around for you.
Alba gu' brath

jamus34

NFL opening day Sunday so that will be most of my day.

I might fit in some skyrim or other games but I think most of my pc time will be spent hunting.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Most of my game time will probably be spent with Destiny 2.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Great track - didn't know there was a video.

Continuing Path of Exile - the initial hiccups with synching and audio have cleared up and my templar is kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.

Considering buying Tyranny as well on sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I've got the HOTAS all set back up, so on the gaming rig it will mostly be flight simming.

I started playing Aces High 3 again.  I haven't tried it on a Friday/Saturday night yet, so I'll be curious to see how the arena population is during those peak times.

I also finally figured out and mostly configured Cliffs of Dover, so I may spend some time trying out the ATAG server.

I expect to also boot up BMS Falcon a bit, but I'm not sure how long I'll stay with it.  Just have to see how the mood goes.

Rounding everything out will be Cold Waters.  Totally grooving on the newest patch, and I just downloaded a bunch of mods from Subsim I want to try out.

A pretty aggressive gaming schedule to work around the excellent surf we're getting from Irma this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rayfer

Great song/video choice JD...! Playing Ageod's ACW2, full campaign as the North.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on September 08, 2017, 06:45:23 AM
Great track - didn't know there was a video.
It's not an official video - someone clever has put that together  O0
Alba gu' brath

Hofstadter

My friggin capacitor of my psu exploded. Went to the city and got a new one today.

The laws of war DLC for arma released, might get that. Squad also talked about their next update for vaulting and tripods

Finally I will no longer have to hunt for the broken part of the wall
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Barthheart

Favourite Dire Straits tune!  O0

PBEM DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason continues... actually nearing the end and it should be a nail biter... :knuppel2:
PBEM Fire in the Lake.... fumbling through the game so far.... hope it becomes clearer.....  :idiot2:

Got a live on-line VASSAL match of Heroes of North Africa scheduled for tonight. Should be a blast with a few beers.  \m/

Need to try out Cold Waters after the update. and maybe squeeze in some SD44 as well.

Also need to get Heroes of North Africa and LnLT Solo on the table this weekend.

And then there's always yard work. With the front step and walk repaired, now I need to re-level the patio stones outside the garage back door so the water actually flows away from the building.   #:-)

Destraex

The song is great. Used to sing it with the boys late at night here (we were a little frazzled by 3am).
As for gaming. Hope to fit in:

- Total War Arena
- Deadlock
- A little warships
- Dawn of War 3
Maybe a little revisiting of il2 BOS. I really want to like that game.

Nothing too much really. Nothing too heavy.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Toonces on September 08, 2017, 06:48:51 AM
I've got the HOTAS all set back up, so on the gaming rig it will mostly be flight simming.

I started playing Aces High 3 again.  I haven't tried it on a Friday/Saturday night yet, so I'll be curious to see how the arena population is during those peak times.

What's the arena population during the weekday evenings, Toonces? Do you consider AH3 a big step up from AH2? I haven't flown it since around 2008.

As for my gaming this weekend, I will be continuing beta testing Desert War: 1940-42, and getting my arse handed to me by the new AI in Cold Waters. Those TLAM missions are brutal now. I've come to the conclusion that you have to take out any and all ASW ships in the area before even thinking about launching your TLAMs. 

WYBaugh

I'm playing work made me evacuate to Atlanta to enact disaster recovery.  This game really sucks.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Slick, yesterday the population in the main arena was hovering in the low 100 range, like 100-110 or so, at about 5pm EST.  That's enough to get some good furballs in the fightertown part of the map. 

Graphically I think the game looks much better than AH2.  But so far it seems like the population just isn't there to get the really tense fights like the old days.  I need to spend more time with it; I'm not sure when the weekday sweet spot is yet.  I haven't seen much of the former big squadrons like the Arabian Knights, Pigs on the Wing, etc. 

I noticed that they combined the early, mid, and late war arenas into one big arena.  The WW1 arena has been empty every time I've logged on.

Frankly, I feel like maybe the magic just isn't there anymore, but I need to give it some more time.  I'm not sure what other medium exists for online combat flying with 100+ people on at one time.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Cyrano

One of the songs I've often thought I'd like to hear as my last one on earth.  That and "Watermelon in Easter Hay".

Jena KS
Jena JTS (x2)
Gallipoli SB
SoW: Waterloo
Borderlands of some flavor

And my Pub Battles: Marengo is awaiting me at home!

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806