Decisions Decisions

Started by Tuna, October 21, 2017, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

^Spoken like a true Groghead!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tuna on October 22, 2017, 08:41:53 AM
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go out and get another Steam Card and grab both FOG2 and Bomber Crew!  :bd:

Bomber Crew has a bigger sale (-29 %) at Gamersgate : $10.70

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BOMBER-CREW-EFIGS/bomber-crew

Tactical Wargamer

YA buy all of them :)

Don't forget just return the ones you don't like after 2 hours or 2 weeks......
@TacticWargamer

Cheimison

Quote from: jomni on October 21, 2017, 07:01:10 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on October 21, 2017, 06:04:07 PM
Very interesting...I'm at the FoG II/Bomber Crew decision-fork also.  I own P&S and think it's a good game, thus I know that FoGII will be be good.  However, isn't it essentially just P&S with different skins?

New shiny skins. But P&S doesn't cover the era so they aren't competitors. If you liked the P&S gameplay and ancient era, then it's a definite buy.
It plays quite a bit differently, too, especially since 80% of the units in P&S are shooty and have unlimited ammo. The cavalry in P&S is also quite a bit different. Only skirmishers and artillery are very shootey in FoG2, and they have 5 shots before they become very weak.

Father Ted

Quote from: Cheimison on October 22, 2017, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: jomni on October 21, 2017, 07:01:10 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on October 21, 2017, 06:04:07 PM
Very interesting...I'm at the FoG II/Bomber Crew decision-fork also.  I own P&S and think it's a good game, thus I know that FoGII will be be good.  However, isn't it essentially just P&S with different skins?

New shiny skins. But P&S doesn't cover the era so they aren't competitors. If you liked the P&S gameplay and ancient era, then it's a definite buy.
It plays quite a bit differently, too, especially since 80% of the units in P&S are shooty and have unlimited ammo. The cavalry in P&S is also quite a bit different. Only skirmishers and artillery are very shootey in FoG2, and they have 5 shots before they become very weak.
Thanks chaps, good to know.  I admit I was being a bit facetious with my comments, but there are games out there which offer essentially the same experience as others from the same stable.  For example Rising Storm and Rising Storm Vietnam have quite a few different mechanics, but to play one is pretty much to play the other.

Anyhoo, it turns out I'm holding my fire on both these games for the moment as I've just got into Advanced Tactics Gold and that will keep me busy for the foreseeable future I reckon...

Slick Wilhelm

Strategic Command: WWII is a quality game, too,, Tuna. Maybe you need three Steam cards?  \m/

Tuna

lol, and it is on sale again!.. I'm definitely enjoying Bomber Crew and Field of Glory II I will say.  O0

DennisS

Bomber Crew has a new update that calms things down a bit. You can slow the game down periodically to avoid being overwhelmed.

....but....there is a fatal flaw. When you don't have your navigator in his seat, you can't change direction. According to many, this is a show stopper.

CJReich46

I'm in that dilemma myself.

FOG II or Utopia DLC (?)

I still plan on getting FOG II even if I miss the sale. 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Tuna

on sale now right? get fog!

CJReich46

Quote from: Tuna on October 30, 2017, 07:58:42 AM
on sale now right? get fog!

Payday is this Friday. I'll probably grab FOG II (maybe spring for the manual?)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Father Ted

Matrix/Slitherine sale (25% off anything) ends tomorrow...

Tuna

Quote from: Father Ted on October 31, 2017, 01:15:40 PM
Matrix/Slitherine sale (25% off anything) ends tomorrow...

Thanks for the reminder, grabbed Strategic Command last night!

Father Ted

Yeah, I grabbed FoGII.  Bomber Crew can wait until a Steam sale

Father Ted

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on October 28, 2017, 11:45:57 AM
Strategic Command: WWII is a quality game, too,, Tuna. Maybe you need three Steam cards?  \m/

I'm on a bit of a strategic kick at the moment, but if I have WitW, is there any reason to get this as well?