Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Welcome Aboard! / Re: Yet another new guy
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 03:24:38 AM »
Hello and welcome.
Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars / Re: Kneeling in the NFL
« Last post by MikeGER on Today at 03:02:15 AM »
It was an outcome of the protests leading to the discussion.  And I doubt the discussion we've been having about these issues is the only one going on in America today.

Yeah but what is the result... at the end of the day

More sympathy for "white" cops, who do a dangerous job on the frontline of the society
Less sympathy for "blacks" when they are in a bad neighborhood (shocking BC story) and not in the shiny White House with a tie and full of charisma

and newly added: (unspoken) disgust about black millionaires sport-VIPs, who are attention whoring for at the end of the day is nothing else then the old black on white 'reverse racism' (is this the right term? dunno?) 

where was the kneeling for the black on black losses in the hood? 
and btw Vips, risk nothing. they are already millionaires, set for life.

I tell you, the Americans may improve their laws concerning their police, and there may be then double or triple trials at different level of court houses in a followup . Excellent!
But a the end of the day, it will still be an 'white' officer who shot in a felt life threatening situation and who will still surly walk away without any bloody-murder charges and an according sentence.
what then? still no 'justice' i guess
the BLM movement (as a profession that is has become) will not settle for less then racist motivated murder regardless of the circumstances when its a "white on black"-incident

-concerning the Castille case
well, i only checked Wikipedia
1)  if a officer says Don't pull "IT" out , says it twice.  i don't grab "anything"  i keep both hands visible on the wheel and wait for new instructions, then follow the instruction to the point and pronto.

2) 7 shots where fired point blank! by a trained shooter, but only 5 hit and only 2 were life threatening
in my eyes this is circumstantial evidence that the officer actually paniced.
(a coldblooded murder, who is just about to abuse an situation unfolding would have put one in the head and that's it, isnt it?)

so i guess, you can have as many trials as you want, the cops will not face the murder charges 'protesters' are looking for.

« Last post by trailrunner on Today at 02:41:12 AM »
Have you watched the tape?

I sure did.  I have a concealed weapon permit, and I carry a gun.  I take my training seriously, including reviewing OISs objectively and for training purposes, and putting myself in stressful shoot/no-shoot situations.

He was not complying with the officer's orders and created a situation in which the officer had to make a split-second decision.  He was not shot because of his color.  The jury -- who saw all the evidence and heard all the testimony -- acquitted the officer, so justice *was* served.

Not everything is related to race.  The narrative that is trying to be placed on this story is that innocent black man exercising his 2nd amendment rights is gunned down by institutionally racist police -- and that justice because of an institutionally racist system.  Not the case this time.

« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 01:46:56 AM »

I dunno. Seems to have been in the headlines consistently since their protests started. Seems to have generated lots of public discussion. Seems like we're discussing it right here, right now.

You mean how we are talking about the kneeling and whether it is disrespectful or not and how people are getting pissed about or how we are talking about people who have had actual solution to problems? It seems to me that there is a lot of talk about the protests themselves but nothing about any solution.
No - how some people are talking about the kneeling and whether it's disrespectful or not and how people are getting pissed about it.

Others are talking about the injustice that the protest is trying to draw attention to in the hope that someone somewhere might use your influence as a voter to get something done. Talk to their local representative. Ask what measures are being put in place to make sure the police behave in a manner where the local population - regardless of race or religion - feel protected by the police and feel that the police are there for them rather than a state tool.
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:58:02 PM »
Bad things happen all of the time.  If you don't have  anything to do with them, it will drive you insane to stress over it.

A little girl drowned in a grease trap at an ice cream stand in my home town yesterday.  Unjust, horrible accident to snuff out a young life.  The thing is on video.

Perhaps people should riot about selling ice cream?  Or having grease traps?
But perhaps the design of the grease trap will be looked at to see if it can be avoided.

Such things happen in life...yes. But our ability as humans to see things happen, evaluate and adapt is one of the things that makes us.

Besides - and this is where we go into the ridiculous...it's not the same thing, is it? Grease traps are not killing innocent little girls all over the US, are they? They've not specifically targeting little girls, are they?

The riots - whilst I am totally against riots and they solve nothing and actually bring out the worst in a human - were about this happening regularly but worse, with no justice.

Tailrunner mentioned justice was served. Nope. The judicial process was invoked and followed. But justice was far from served. Also - it wasn't that a "group" of people thought justice wasn't served. I dare anyone to watch and read what happened to Philando Catsile and say the outcome of that was that justice was served and not "Justice got it wrong this time".

You know the judicial system isn't always right, yes? And the fact that this is not an isolated incident is why there are/were riots.
Welcome Aboard! / Re: Yet another new guy
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:45:48 PM »
Welcome Mr Brown.

I'm Mr Pink and the other two are Mr White and Mr Blonde
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Blade Runner 2049
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Yesterday at 11:37:24 PM »
Good to know. Does anyone get their fingers broken one at a time in this one? If not, that's fine by me cause mine still hurt from seeing it the first time.

There's plenty in the film to make you say ouch.  It's bloodier than the first.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Blade Runner 2049
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 10:05:20 PM »
Good to know. Does anyone get their fingers broken one at a time in this one? If not, that's fine by me cause mine still hurt from seeing it the first time.
Current Events / Re: The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 10:00:33 PM »
Yeah, they're a lot more fun than the holy crap it's hot out there posts.
General Discussion / Re: WANT!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 09:57:45 PM »
I bet those lights are guaranteed to attract hot chicks like vegans to BBQ.  :coolsmiley:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10