Main Menu

Site Migration

Started by Jarhead0331, April 27, 2012, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Just for result-reporting sake, I notice there are no advertisements right now, and no feed of the last several posts on the forum (and no feed of the last several articles on the front page).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 16, 2018, 07:31:05 PM
Just for result-reporting sake, I notice there are no advertisements right now, and no feed of the last several posts on the forum (and no feed of the last several articles on the front page).

Thanks. Can we please celebrate the "small victories" before we start worrying about what is still broke?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

Hey everyone, good to see ya!     :hug:

solops

Aaaaahhhhhhhh! I was totally freaked out when I could not access the forums for a couple of days! I had no clue about what was going on and thought Grogheads had been hacked or something. It also made me realize that I had NO WAY to contact anyone at Grogheads via e-mail to inquire as to the issue. I really think there should be some sort of "contact" e-mail or something on the website main page for people encountering problems, because if you cannot get to the forums, you are dead in the water.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Steelgrave

Solops, don't forget GH has a Facebook page as well. That's how I kept track.

solops

I don't have an I-Phone or a facebook account, although I do have stock in Apple and Facebook via a tech fund.... a nicely performing tech fund :-)
I actually sent a panicky e-mail to Jarhead via the Matrix forums. Who knows if he will ever get it....
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Thank you, JH and Brother of JH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on November 16, 2018, 08:36:50 PM
I don't have an I-Phone or a facebook account, although I do have stock in Apple and Facebook via a tech fund.... a nicely performing tech fund :-)
I actually sent a panicky e-mail to Jarhead via the Matrix forums. Who knows if he will ever get it....

Solops...you can always email me at craigh@grogheads.com or legal@grogheads.com.

Sorry for the frustration. It was really stressful and upsetting for all of us.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Thank you. And well done on getting the site back up to speed.

Toonces

Solops, you gotta friend some GH'ers on Steam.  That's how I TCB.

Anyway, I didn't realize how much time I spend on GH until it was gone....wow, that's a lot of extra free time without GH in my life.  Not happy time, mind you.   :hug:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 16, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 16, 2018, 07:31:05 PM

Thanks. Can we please celebrate the "small victories" before we start worrying about what is still broke?

Of course! -- and returning the forum is a grand victory!  :bd: I didn't even know the recent-post list was "broke". I was wondering if somehow the list had been part of the problem, or if I needed to reset something.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Thank the Good Lord the Grogs are back in 'bid-ness' again! I thought the Rapture had occurred and you'd all left me here alone.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Not to worry- you wouldn't be the only one stuck 'dirtside'...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

solops

Quote from: Toonces on November 16, 2018, 09:33:22 PM
I didn't realize how much time I spend on GH until it was gone....wow, that's a lot of extra free time without GH in my life. 
So True! I was having withdrawal symptoms. I was forced to play Warammer II w/ the new DLC 8 to 12 hours a day for three straight days. This is my first break!

Toonces

I finished War and Peace!

....or was that one of Jason's cached posts?

:o

;)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs