Mordor: Shadow of War release and reviews

Started by JasonPratt, October 09, 2017, 07:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yeah I am about 5 hours in. I am putting together a What's Gus Playing about it for next week. Summary: if I stick to the story based missions it is better for my sanity. There is so much extra content going on beyond the story missions that keeping track of it does drive me almost insane. I think it's more my age than the game design itself. The game also throws a lot of fighting combos at you very quickly and I think it can be a bit overwhelming.

I almost rage quit a couple of times yesterday as things became repetitive, but I stuck with it and it continued to get more awesome.

That said, it drives me nuts that players cannot save anywhere. Big drawback. Not enough to get me to stop playing yet but enough to annoy me.

All that said...I am still playing. I have not got to the army assembly section yet or the besieging...which is what attracted me to the game initially. Hope to get to it soon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Curse you.  I had planned to stay away from the game but now I'm enticed to buy it.  Maybe I'll wait for the Gusplay.

I've got purchasing fever. I can't seem to find a single GMT COIN game that isn't waiting for a reprint.  Nothing else has caught my fancy lately either.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Jarhead0331

And if you like this, you will looooove Assasins Creed: Origins. Very good so far.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I'm pretty convinced I would like the new ASSCREED much more. I think I am burnt out on Shadows and Mordors and Wars and Uruks and Orks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2017, 07:04:45 PM
I'm pretty convinced I would like the new ASSCREED much more. I think I am burnt out on Shadows and Mordors and Wars and Uruks and Orks.

Ouch. Not very reassuring considering probably less than 10 hours play. The sieges and Nemesis system had me intrigued but you seem to echo some of the most glaring complaints I've read. The repetitiveness causes the most pause for me. And from what I've read YOUR forts are never attacked.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

It's very, very repetitive. And I'm getting angry that I haven't reached the sieges yet. There are some cool set-piece sections, like using Ork siege engines against them and some decent stealth missions, but in general there is just too much going on without enough explanation. If I don't get to the sieges soon I am probably going to put ot aside for a bit. Not rage quit, mind you, just put it aside until I am more in the mood again.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd