Main Menu

100!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 21, 2012, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Hey y'all -

we hit member number 100 today :)

thanks to everyone for helping grow GrogHeads
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

That's great. To celebrate, I think I'll have a drink and let SAI kick my nautical butt. Some more.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Capn Darwin

Next stop. 1000.  8)
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

TheCommandTent

Thats great to hear.

Have you guys even taken this thing public yet??
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Epee1

Good news, and I rarely visit that other sight anymore, what was it's name?

LongBlade

Quote from: Epee1 on February 21, 2012, 08:13:32 PM

Spammer. He's been grogged before he did any damage. Mostly just bogus links to some retail website...which no longer work ;)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on February 21, 2012, 08:40:16 PM

Spammer. He's been grogged before he did any damage. Mostly just bogus links to some retail website...which no longer work ;)

I think he means the Village we left to escape the Tsar's Cossacks (or Royal Postal Service, take your pick) as well as MiniRasputin.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 21, 2012, 09:09:52 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 21, 2012, 08:40:16 PM

I think he means the Village we left to escape the Tsar's Cossacks (or Royal Postal Service, take your pick) as well as MiniRasputin.

Ah. I understand.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Congrats Brant! And thanks again for building this Brave New World. I am proud to be a part of it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2012, 10:49:50 AM
Congrats Brant! And thanks again for building this Brave New World. I am proud to be a part of it.

What Gus said!  :)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

Martok

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 23, 2012, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2012, 10:49:50 AM

What Gus said!  :)
Thirded! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

ComradeP

Brant, just wondering: if some ninja-ed you with a topic about having reached 1000 members, would you use moderator powers to remove the thread;)

It was kind of amusing in R&P, the race to see if anyone could ninja you when you wanted to make a milestone post in So there I was...
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

bayonetbrant

it's pretty different here, b/c it's very easy for each user to set the number of posts/page for the thread.  At WGer, everyone had the same number of posts/pg (it was 20 for the longest time).  Here, b/c there's such variability, it's not really going to work the same for each person.  Right now, I'm only on about page 18 or so of the STIW thread, while someone else might be over 40, depending on posts/pg.

And besides, I only use any moderator powers I have to complete and total evil.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers