GMT Fall Sale

Started by Bison, November 01, 2012, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Just a heads up guys that the GMT Fall Sale is going on now.  I've been holding out ordering a few games on my radar because I've read about the sale earlier this month.  Anywho it's up and going.

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=253

LongBlade

Great. A hundred more great games for me to spend money on.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

ArizonaTank

Damn....  I wish I could afford this... :(
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GJK

I ordered No Retreat! The Russian Front at 50% off due the the P500 that I did for Panzer (still unopened).  I'm eyeing "Bloody April" for the 20% off but that'll have to wait until the next paycheck comes.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Double Deuce

Man, I really wish Fields of Fire 2E woulda hit P500 earlier this year and have been included.  :'( I gotta say though the Panzer Series is looking awful tempting.

Bison

Panzer is on my list too.

mirth

Quote from: GJK on November 01, 2012, 11:38:18 PM
I ordered No Retreat! The Russian Front at 50% off due the the P500 that I did for Panzer (still unopened).  I'm eyeing "Bloody April" for the 20% off but that'll have to wait until the next paycheck comes.

No Retreat! is a great game. Just played it for the first time last week. Lots of fun even if I got snakebit as the Germans by the Sudden Death rules ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rekim

Quote from: mirth on November 02, 2012, 08:01:33 AM

No Retreat! is a great game. Just played it for the first time last week. Lots of fun even if I got snakebit as the Germans by the Sudden Death rules ;)

Funny, I'm playing No Retreat for the first time this week too. It's freaking awesome.

GJK

Quote from: Double Deuce on November 02, 2012, 12:50:50 AM
Man, I really wish Fields of Fire 2E woulda hit P500 earlier this year and have been included.  :'( I gotta say though the Panzer Series is looking awful tempting.

I have this one on my P500 list as well and am *very* anxious to see it printed.  I hope that the rules that are included with it aren't as much of a headache as I've read that the original rules were.  Anybody currently playing this one?
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Quote from: Rekim on November 02, 2012, 05:31:26 PM

Funny, I'm playing No Retreat for the first time this week too. It's freaking awesome.

That's what I've heard/read.  Excited to get this one ready and on the table by next weekend!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Mike_K

I'm a dissenter on this game. People love it, I acknowledge that; but I've played it a half dozen times and it only lives up to its promise of playing in a single night because the Germans win every single 1941. Slam into Moscow & Leningrad. Game over. YMMV of course.

Regards, Mike

Bison

son_of_montfort

I'm really tempted to use that 50% for Andean Abyss. I actually have two 50% credits, I think... but I can't really get more than one thing.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 03, 2012, 09:48:36 AM
I'm really tempted to use that 50% for Andean Abyss. I actually have two 50% credits, I think... but I can't really get more than one thing.

Andean Abyss is intriguing to me, too. I'm not sure when I'll ever play it, but it is on my radar.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Rekim

Quote from: Mike_K on November 03, 2012, 05:34:35 AM

I'm a dissenter on this game. People love it, I acknowledge that; but I've played it a half dozen times and it only lives up to its promise of playing in a single night because the Germans win every single 1941. Slam into Moscow & Leningrad. Game over. YMMV of course.

Regards, Mike

I agree it is tough going for the Soviets in the early part of No Retreat! The ruskies need some luck with dice or card draws in the first turns to have any chance of seeing '42.