Main Menu

Pleased to meet you

Started by Tiamak, June 30, 2018, 10:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

No! We can't afford to lose any listeners! We only have two!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Oh, bugger! Good point, Mike.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tiamak

Thanks all for the welcome.
Yes the Speccy 48K was launched in 1982, and I miss poking those rubber keys. I did play D&D and Warhammer fantasy battle back then too, but it's only been the last few years I've got into proper boardgames.  Sacrilege I know.
After all that build up, sorry but Tiamak came from my days playing D&D.  But The Last Dragon looks like a cult film I've missed.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: bob48 on June 30, 2018, 03:59:06 PM

I double dare you to sing it next time you're on a grogcast! Tell you what, we'll do a duet.

There's a grogcast?  Is that like the front page?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Hello Tiamak and welcome to the Grogheads where all the beautiful minds go to hang out.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 30, 2018, 09:22:50 PM
Quote from: bob48 on June 30, 2018, 03:59:06 PM

I double dare you to sing it next time you're on a grogcast! Tell you what, we'll do a duet.

There's a grogcast?  Is that like the front page?

It's more like a dare.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob