Started by bayonetbrant, June 28, 2018, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

BREAKING: POLICE RESPONDING TO SHOOTING AT CAPITAL GAZETTE IN MARYLAND 

per NBC News

no links to stories yet

edit:
Here's one
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-gazette-shooting-20180628-story.html
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

I am very glad they have the shooter in custody. We will need to wait for more details.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

OJsDad

There are 5 dead, and others wounded.

From what I just saw, the shooter is in custody, but they don't know who he is.  He didn't have any ID, and I've seen a report that he damaged his fingers so they cannot get finger prints. 

Shotgun was used. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Don't give a damn who the shooter is.  >:( Who are the poor people who lost their lives? It's their families everyone should be thinking of. Who or why that POS is should be forgotten.

OJsDad

Im thinking law enforcement would like to know who he us and why he did this. Not too often they catch the person alive and they dont talk.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Actually, it seems that mass shooters have of late been surrendering more and offing themselves less that in the past. That may or may not actually be true but it's the impression I get.

I wonder if there is some new dynamic at work here in what pushes a new class of disturbed individuals to act, perhaps some social media component which makes it harder for them to imagine their crimes' notoriety continuing on without them still around to experience it?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

CNN reporting that this was a planned attack on targeted employees who worked at the paper:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/maryland-newspaper-shooting/h_5ebbbc8d516b60312e3c20fa82673f75

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

People seeking fame, or to be remembered, will do evil things.

The new temple was the pride of Ephesus until 356 B.C. when tragedy struck. A young Ephesian named Herostratus, who would stop at nothing to have his name go down in history, set fire to the wooden roof of the building. He managed to burn the structure to the ground. The citizens of Ephesus were so appalled by this act that after torturing Herostratus to death, they issued a decree that anyone who even spoke of his name would be put to death.

One of the legends that grew up about the great fire was that the night that the temple burned was the very same night that Alexander the Great was born. According to the story, the goddess Artemis was so preoccupied with Alexander's safe birth she was unable to save her own temple from its fiery destruction.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

jejo68

Quote from: besilarius on June 28, 2018, 09:48:50 PM
People seeking fame, or to be remembered, will do evil things.

The new temple was the pride of Ephesus until 356 B.C. when tragedy struck. A young Ephesian named Herostratus, who would stop at nothing to have his name go down in history, set fire to the wooden roof of the building. He managed to burn the structure to the ground. The citizens of Ephesus were so appalled by this act that after torturing Herostratus to death, they issued a decree that anyone who even spoke of his name would be put to death.

One of the legends that grew up about the great fire was that the night that the temple burned was the very same night that Alexander the Great was born. According to the story, the goddess Artemis was so preoccupied with Alexander's safe birth she was unable to save her own temple from its fiery destruction.

Trying to suppress his name didn't work that effectively it seems.

JasonPratt

You could still write it for history, apparently. Just not speak it. (And the law only applied to citizens of Ephesus.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

airboy

^ It was Facebook's fault.  The nutjob reconnected with a girl he knew in High School on Facebook.  She got a restraining order.  The paper reported it.  He directs his evil towards the paper. 

Facebook strikes again.