Updated Solitaire Games Listing

Started by DennisS, June 18, 2018, 10:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on June 20, 2018, 08:01:19 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2018, 05:47:12 AM
Quote from: Advocator on June 18, 2018, 11:17:25 PM

If you're looking for non-WWII, then I've really enjoyed Don't Tread on Me.

This x1000! Don't Tread on Me is great solitaire game. The other two games in that series (British War Series) are:
N: The Napoleonic Wars and Mrs Thatcher's War: The Falklands.

And I just noticed on BGG that Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism is about to be released!

All three of those have been on my wish list.  I think they're offered in a bundle deal, too.

Question:  Does that publisher print it's own stuff "on demand", or do they stock up on product printed elsewhere?  Always concerned about stuff going out of print.  :pullhair:

They are 'print on demand'.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2018, 04:56:01 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 20, 2018, 08:01:19 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2018, 05:47:12 AM
Quote from: Advocator on June 18, 2018, 11:17:25 PM

If you're looking for non-WWII, then I've really enjoyed Don't Tread on Me.

This x1000! Don't Tread on Me is great solitaire game. The other two games in that series (British War Series) are:
N: The Napoleonic Wars and Mrs Thatcher's War: The Falklands.

And I just noticed on BGG that Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism is about to be released!

All three of those have been on my wish list.  I think they're offered in a bundle deal, too.

Question:  Does that publisher print it's own stuff "on demand", or do they stock up on product printed elsewhere?  Always concerned about stuff going out of print.  :pullhair:

They are 'print on demand'.

Good to know.  Thanks!  :bd:

DennisS

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 19, 2018, 12:39:59 AM
Enemy Coast Ahead: Dambusters.

Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid.

I just picked this up last week. This is a terrific solitaire game!!!

This is a quite complex simulation, with a series of decision points needed to further the mission. Do you train in California, and increase your security risks?  Do you allow wives to join their husbands, increasing risks but also increasing morale? Do you go for 18, 20, or 24 bombers? Do you train for high level bombing with the Norden bombsight, or go in at low level?

I am still figuring out this game. I am starting simple, starting with the bombers over Japan, and straight running bombing missions.

DennisS

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 20, 2018, 04:39:37 PM
Grab the Lord of the Rings LCG.  It's a lot cheaper than Gloomhaven (unless you get hooked and buy all the expansions), it's fun, and very challenging.

I got a new copy of Gloomhaven for $130. I am VERY stoked over this...I live in the St. Louis area, and was on vacation the last couple of weeks. My travels took me through Kansas City, which has THE finest board game store I have ever seen. You name it, they have it, or will order it for you.

I make it a point to drive to Kansas City, every six months. This time it cost me just over $400. Last year it was $500.

Nice to be fully retired now!!!! I really am having trouble deciding what new game to set up first...the Doolittle raid, Gloomhaven, Liberty or Death, IAF Leader, or Gato Leader.