Transformers: A Return to Sanity

Started by mirth, May 24, 2018, 12:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Considering that (a) there's an animated Bumblebee movie scheduled for release no more than seven months from now; and (b) Hasbro and Paramount regard that as Transformers 6,  I reserve the right to infer that sanity has not yet arrived.  :buck2:

That being said, since #3 I think the series has steadily if slowly improved, and I was a LOT more impressed with T5 than I thought I would be when I finally got around to watching it.

I doubt T7 is really canceled. A film like that should have been shooting by now, if not done shooting long before now, for a summer 2019 release. They're just removing it from the slate for rescheduling. Hasbro/Paramount has a GI Joe reboot in the works (hope they do better this time), among other things.

Besides, I think we can all agree we'd rather have Paramount concentrating on John Wick 3 for next summer, to finish out that story.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

^^Totally want John Wick 3, but I'm willing to deal with a small pause if it allows for launching Michael Bay into the sun.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 27, 2018, 06:39:12 PM
^^Totally want John Wick 3, but I'm willing to deal with a small pause if it allows for launching Michael Bay into the sun.

Or assigning/letting him work on things like 13 Hours.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 27, 2018, 02:25:10 PM
Besides, I think we can all agree we'd rather have Paramount concentrating on John Wick 3 for next summer, to finish out that story.  O0

Duh....
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Hasbro also just bought Power Rangers from Saban (who recently bought them back from Disney, amazingly enough). So that'll slow down production on TF7, too.

jamus34

I thought 5 was pretty bad. I do agree on 4, overall I thought it was the best since 1.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Oh... my apologies... the Bumblebee movie is a prequel origin story (featuring Gen1 Starscream no less), and it's totally live action except for the CGI.

This should have been how the series started perhaps. The main cringey thing is treating that line from TF1 as iconic.  :buck2: