We got a dog. So far I'm slowly getting used to it.

Started by W8taminute, April 30, 2018, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Our elderly dogs:

Zippo - 17+, totally deaf, almost blind, arthritic, diaper wearing, but a very happy fellow.

Wrigley - 14.5 years, less energy but close to the same.

Panzer - 6 months - Uber energetic.  As Dr. Quest said: looks like trouble.

OJsDad

I was outside with Groot last night. He was running around crazy tossing a show around. I was looking at something on my phone when WHAM!!!!  Down i went. He had jumped off the lounge chair and into the back of my knees. Then he come up to me while Im laying there wanting me to scratch his back. WTH, not even a lick to say sorry.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Bit of a tip for those with dogs that are hard to catch.  Fall on the ground like you're hurt/dead.  The dog will come up to make sure you are ok and you can catch it then.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Or you could do what I used to do, always carry a hotdog in your pocket. Every dog within a mile will suddenly become your best friend.  :bd:  And it cures pick pockets from ever trying it twice. Win-Win.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 04, 2018, 10:32:33 PM
Or you could do what I used to do, always carry a hotdog in your pocket. Every dog within a mile will suddenly become your best friend.  :bd:  And it cures pick pockets from ever trying it twice. Win-Win.
Or you could use a polish sausage and then you'd attract both dogs and women!

Sir Slash

Never thought of THAT. Either attract them or scare the hell out of them.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

em2nought

Quote from: MetalDog on May 04, 2018, 09:41:28 PM
Bit of a tip for those with dogs that are hard to catch.  Fall on the ground like you're hurt/dead. 
This works with cats too, but for different reasons.  ...and only if you haven't fed them recently.  :2funny:
Stolen elections have consequences.