1/72 German Infantry for Tabletop Wargaming

Started by Pzrjager, April 13, 2018, 09:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pzrjager

Not my first figure, but my first 1/72 figure. I got into figure painting in January. I had a hard time with the face and I'll be trying another technique on my next figure. Overall I'm happy with it.

I still need to base it; it will be my first time. This is also my first mini I'll be using for wargaming. C&C welcome!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

I can't tell the scale because I've never seen a quarter before (well, not for a very long time - 1989)...but 1/72 scale would make that about 2.5cm?

That's small and well done. My brother and i used to paint toy soldier when we were kids - but it must've been 1/32 scale (5.5cm).

Now I want some  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

Pzrjager

Thank you! 2.5cm sounds right. I actually live in Korea but I figured a quarter would be more recognizable than a 100 won coin :).

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pzrjager on April 13, 2018, 09:38:25 AM
Thank you! 2.5cm sounds right. I actually live in Korea but I figured a quarter would be more recognizable than a 100 won coin :).
lol - well not to me, but probably would do to most of the rest of the membership here  O0
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 13, 2018, 09:32:52 AM
I can't tell the scale because I've never seen a quarter before (well, not for a very long time - 1989)...but 1/72 scale would make that about 2.5cm?

That's small and well done. My brother and i used to paint toy soldier when we were kids - but it must've been 1/32 scale (5.5cm).

Now I want some  :knuppel2:

No, but I'm sure you've seen a wine bottle cork before. Its what the model is standing on.

...or do they only drink ale in your part of the UK?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Wine? pfft.

But yes, I have seen a cork  :buck2: I didn't even look at what it was standing on...just the coin and the soldier  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

em2nought

Way back when, I couldn't even make a 1/35 scale Tamiya figure look that good.  :notworthy:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Bison

The face looks good. What is the issue with it?

MIGMaster

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.