An Apology to "Sanctus Reach". More or Less.

Started by Cyrano, February 24, 2018, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Since I made so much about it here before and shortly after launch, I felt honor demanded I post this here:

https://kriegsspieler.blogspot.com/2018/02/hey-um-sanctus-reach-yeah-im-sorry.html

Je ne regrette rien!!

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Geezer

I was a beta tester for the game.  Myself and several other testers begged them not to release it when they did due to so many problems.  IMHO the maps were too small and it never had an epic feel that you should get from any WH40K game.  I did not buy it even though I had a discount coupon for being a tester, that's how disappointed I was with it.  If it has improved greatly since launch then good for them.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Cyrano

I don't want what I say to come off as insincere, but, to be clear, I'm not nuts about it.  It's imperfect.  Frankly, I don't think making the maps any bigger would have worked given that the biggest maps get a bit wonky even on my relatively high-spec machine.  But, for the price I paid, I feel I got my money's worth.

And I will note in passing that most 40k feels like you're fighting in a phone booth given the scale of the models and the weapon ranges.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MIGMaster

One of the few games I've enjoyed recently. I'd be scared to see how many hours I've played.