Main Menu

Howdy!

Started by Pruitt, February 24, 2018, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pruitt

My name is Richard Pruitt and I use Pruitt as my username. I grew up in Louisiana and lived there most of my life. I now live with my daughter in Texas. I post regularly on Armchair General and Historum.

Pruitt

BanzaiCat

Welcome aboard, Pruitt!

You didn't by chance go to HS in San Antonio, did you? Long shot, but I knew a Richard Pruitt back then in ROTC. I'm in the Houston area, myself, and we have another grog up Austin way.

Steelgrave

As well as a displaced Houstonian up here in Okielahoma.

mirth

Welcome aboard, Pruitt!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Steelgrave on February 24, 2018, 11:48:45 AM
As well as a displaced Houstonian up here in Okielahoma.

I didn't want to hang Houston on you, Steelie...LOL. ;)

MetalDog

Welcome, Pruitt!  I remember seeing you knocking around Armchair General.  I vaguely recall you being a music guy.  Check my sig line and come vote!  :bd:

And to forestall the rest of you heathens, yes, I just gave myself a shameless plug to company, so :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Welcome Pruitt to the Grogs where we're all displaced one degree or another.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

OJsDad

Welcome aboard Pruitt
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MikeGER

Wellcome Pruitt :)

the more Grogs the merrier  O0

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Happy to have you here :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Welcome to Grogheads!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Pruitt

Thanks for the warm welcome. I grew up in Lake Charles, LA and lived in Sulphur, LA most of my life. I now live with family in Tarkington, TX. I am one of the minor moderators at ACG. To paraphrase Bon Scott, "Its A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock And Roll!".

There are Pruitts all over. I even went to school with some! I doubt they were close relations. Grandad Pruitt came to Sulphur from Joplin Missouri! For what it is worth, I found out there are 23 different ways to spell Pruitt. Thank God my ancestors were the only bunch that could read and write when they came over...  ::)

Pruittt