Main Menu

Scumbags

Started by JudgeDredd, January 27, 2018, 08:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

I live in DC
It's all been stolen from me
Will retire, then flee
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Quote from: trailrunner on January 27, 2018, 12:15:20 PM
I rode my bike to a coffee shop, where I'm at right now. My bike is locked, but I'm still watching it closely.

Bike thieves deserve a special hell.

Is there that big of a demand in DC for hot pink 3 speed bikes with green tassels and a white basket with a daisy on it.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

Quote from: OJsDad on January 27, 2018, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on January 27, 2018, 12:15:20 PM
I rode my bike to a coffee shop, where I'm at right now. My bike is locked, but I'm still watching it closely.

Bike thieves deserve a special hell.

Is there that big of a demand in DC for hot pink 3 speed bikes with green tassels and a white basket with a daisy on it.

Since you asked   :)   I was riding a bike that I restored last Fall.  I had originally bought the bike in 2002, when steel frames were going out of style.  I had it re-painted last Fall, and put some (not all) new components on it.  I more or less let the painter choose the color, which is good because I'm not normally fond of orange, but I like how it turned out.  And it's the only orange bike I own.  Other than the paint, I did all the work myself.  Anyway, I'm fond of this old friend.

OJsDad

Looks good. Much to be proud of.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Nice bike Trailrunner. Are you going out tonight? And if so... what time and when will you be returning?  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

I'm afraid somebody already stole his pedals ...

Staggerwing

He's hiding them behind the heater grate because he heard Slash was in town...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

trailrunner

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 27, 2018, 04:08:54 PM
Nice bike Trailrunner. Are you going out tonight? And if so... what time and when will you be returning?  :coolsmiley:

That's for me to know and for you (not) to find out.  Just keep in mind that although I have a lot of bikes, I have even more guns.   :)

BanzaiCat

Stupid ass people
No clue of the turn signal
Hang? Too good for 'em

Sir Slash

Say no more Mr. Trailrunner. I'd look awful funny trying to ride a bike missing a butt cheek shot-off swiping it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.