Main Menu

Cheers from Italy

Started by jayzion80, December 18, 2017, 06:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayzion80

My apologies..I thought "pike and shot" was a tabletop wargame not a pc game!
I have still to try Field of Glory 2, this evening maybe I'll give it a try!
Anyway I'm more a tabletop wargamer kind of guy...using computer devices (as Vassal or email) only for need!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 19, 2017, 06:27:13 AM

Quote from: jayzion80 on December 19, 2017, 05:05:28 AM
Ps: please be patient with my written english  ;)

It's better than some of these guys that are supposed to be "native" speakers :)

Ahemmm....I'd be myself an english native speaker, but I speak only italian since I was two, so I can read and listen without problems in english, write and speak is somehow more difficult...  :(

bayonetbrant

Quote from: jayzion80 on December 19, 2017, 06:54:50 AM
Ahemmm....I'd be myself an english native speaker, but I speak only italian since I was two, so I can read and listen without problems in english, write and speak is somehow more difficult...  :(

That's about where my German is :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

besilarius

Jayzion, welcome to Grogheads.  This is a fun bunch of wackos.
You should be happy to be overseas.  The initiation rites to join in the US are pretty unusual.  Something to do with the comic book character, Aquaman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go-lPQyQc5s

What part of Italy are you from?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

jayzion80

Yes I know, strange people the Americans, but usually they're very kind and a little less wacko than the bunch here  ;D
I live in the northern part of Italy, on the Alps, near the border with Austria...the less italian place of all Italy!

BanzaiCat

I bet it's beautiful there. I've always wanted to visit that region of Europe.

bbmike

We've always encouraged him to do so.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Jayzion I think you will find several here to play Field of Glory II with, and Pike & Shot if you decide to pick it up.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

If there are women gamers there with huge...tracts of land, count me in.

MikeGER

Quote from: jayzion80 on December 19, 2017, 09:25:52 AM

I live in the northern part of Italy, on the Alps, near the border with Austria...the less italian place of all Italy!

Hurra ein Tiroler  O0

Wellcome to Grogheads  :)

Staggerwing

Welcome to Grogheads Jayzion80!

Quote from: MikeGER on December 19, 2017, 10:25:45 AM
Hurra ein Tiroler  O0

Now all he needs is the hat.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jayzion80

Ja, ich bin ein Welschtiroler!  O0

By the way I hate that kind of hat...I'm not an average italian and I'm not an average tyroler either  ;D

Thanks again for this heartfelt welcome!
If you pass to Italy come to knock at my door and if you want we can arrange some playing sessions!

I must begin to mess around in other subforums here on Grogheads!

Cyrano

Welcome!

Any time you're looking for a fight in FoGII, just let me know.

I tend to lose a lot for reasons that may have to do with my desire to hurl troops at other troops with mad abandon.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806