Field of Glory II -- IMMORTAL FIRE

Started by Cyrano, November 21, 2017, 02:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

Quote from: MengJiao on November 23, 2017, 06:36:57 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on November 22, 2017, 11:19:41 PM
I would think a big bucket of Immortal Water would handle the Immortal Fire quite nicely. How large are the battles portrayed in this game? Is there a size limit? Anything Gaugamela-sized? Or are they more along the lines of a Gus-sized fight?

Cannae is in Field of Glory II with a 40-square front implying 50-meter squares which is consistant with bow range at 4 squares assuming Cannae had a roughly 2 km front (overpacking the legions badly as happened in reality).  In comparison with the Pike and shot game things are a lot more satisfying in terms of leaders and movement (there are leaders in FOGII and you can move whole formations or commands with single inputs to the UI).  So battles can be pretty big.  2-3 km frontages would be about the limit of what an ancient army could manage I would think and the game covers that very well.

This bodes well for a Pike & Shot 2..
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Gusington

Has Pike and Shot 2 actually been announced?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pinetree

Not that I'm aware of, but if they do, the improvements to the engine that we're seeing with FOG2 will make it a must buy.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

jomni

Quote from: Pinetree on November 26, 2017, 10:02:45 AM
Not that I'm aware of, but if they do, the improvements to the engine that we're seeing with FOG2 will make it a must buy.

It needs more improvement in engine to depict mixed units properly. So I say it's a long way to go. But still possible. Besides there's a lot of DLC to cover until Middle Ages.

Cyrano

I am owed Napoleonics.

Not in any contractual, legally-binding sense mind, but Ian TOLD ME it would come out.  At Historicon.  On the order of five years ago.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

jomni

Gusington

GIGGITY - is there a price listed anywhere?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2017, 06:17:25 PM
GIGGITY - is there a price listed anywhere?

hhmm...this is Matrix/Slitherine, they never release prices anymore until release day:)

I won't even hazard a guess since the core game was cheaper than I thought......once we see the price for the DLC, we'll see if this is how they plan to recoup costs:)

What the heck, I'll guess a price of $9.99...of course this time it will end up higher:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on November 27, 2017, 05:36:11 PM
Release date 5 December

Wow!  Maybe I'll have finished my Umbrian campaign by then.  And for only 9.95 (in Umbrian Seed pods) I'll finally get some
Xenophones!

Skwerl

Day one purchase!  The base game is superb.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 27, 2017, 05:36:11 PM
Release date 5 December

Oh damn.  That was fast!

I've barely scratched the base game.

Too many games, not enough lifetimes.

SirAndrewD

Awesome.  I'll get anything that comes out for FoG 2 at this point, even if it was Koalas vs. Flaming Pigs. 

Such a great game.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback