Star Wars Battlefront II - PC

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 12, 2017, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Is anyone else having a problem loading Battlefront II today?

Everytime I fire it up, Origins hangs - seems there's a patch out for Battlefront II - but I can't get it because Origins stops responding. When it does, my mouse is sluggish as hell even though there's only 4GB of 8GB being used on the PC and all 4 cores are showing no more than 1 or 2% usage.

Damn - game will not start. It seems it's the update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. Because Origin was set to auto update my games (and I suspected it was the update), when I reinstalled Origin I set the auto update to false.

So now Origin loads and I can play Titanfall 2 (which is an awesome game - have I ever said that?) but if I click on Battlefront II, it starts to download the update, then Origin comes up with the standard stopped responding message.

I wonder if uninstalling Battlefront II will resolve it...? I might wait until tomorrow as I'm not in a hurry to play it at the moment anyway.

I can't find anything on the internet about it either.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

I played (grinded ;) ) today short of an hour between 2pm -3 pm  without problems

IIRC the patch came out yesterday and enforced to have the latest Nvidia graphics driver to start up the game, and i checked there was new one released and so installed that new driver yesterday too.

-edit-
i just fired it up for a test and was able to reach the home screen with my stats and are connected ...but to tired to brawl in the universe now.

JudgeDredd

Thanks MG

Don't know what the problem is. I wonder if the servers getting hammered with all the US coming on board?
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 01, 2017, 05:09:52 PM
Thanks MG

Don't know what the problem is. I wonder if the servers getting hammered with all the US coming on board?

Americans ruin everything for everybody... :cowboy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

I've noticed lag is down a LOT from the Thanksgiving weekend. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

This game will not launch now. I thought it might be down to busy servers but it's 7am here and I'm getting the same issue as yesterday.

Launch BFII
Origin shows a "Preparing" progress bar that starts moving, eventually stops and then "Origin has stopped responding" and mouse cursor moves like it's being moved through treacle.

I can't seem to find anywhere to manually download and install the BFII patch - which I suspect isn't an option anyway - which isn't helped by there being another game called Battlefront II from 2005 which is popping up on Google.

I guess it's an uninstall then. It's not working anyway so what I have I got to lose.

******* EA. :knuppel2:

Verifying game files first...

Update
All sorted. I have no idea what happened but basically because Origin was set to auto update my games and it couldn't update BFII for some reason, it just kept hanging. In the end I had to uninstall and reinstall Origin, remembering to untick the auto update option. This allowed me to at least load Origin. The game still wouldn't launch so it was a patch issue. I've just ran a repair on the game (something I couldn't do whilst Origin was in auto-update mode) and hey presto - it runs.

I'll be leaving off the Auto-update so I can get back to that repair option in future.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

how about disk space ?
a) the HDD drive with the directory that has Origin (where it will probably download the patch and unpack)
b) the HDD drive where battlefront is installed  (that can differ from the Origin place)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MikeGER on December 02, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
how about disk space ?
a) the HDD drive with the directory that has Origin (where it will probably download the patch and unpack)
b) the HDD drive where battlefront is installed  (that can differ from the Origin place)
See above MG - thanks though for sticking yer heed in

Disk space was fine. I did all the checks I could on all the usual suspects. Game files got corrupted somehow.
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Great you can play again  :D

see you in Mos Eisley  ^-^

JudgeDredd

lol - that's definitely where you and I would meet MikeGer.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

:2funny:
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

...for those on the fence

there was an update
now the daily box (you get for just log-in) now seems to contains a basic card, 15 parts, and 75 credits  instead of just 5 parts and a few credits (a bit randomized i guess) before.  a basic card needs 40 parts to build   

also the 'by the minutes' paying in credits for just being on a MP map has increased and the bonus for winning a match and high position in the leaderboard got added.  (with my geriatric skills/performance in FPS its about 100 credits more then before in a generic long match when my side has won)

Also i found out wile playing , some of the cards that add a function like a special grenade, canon or idem  work in the basic version as good as in the legendary version. it often just shorten the respawn time of that item not boosting it strength itself.
well there are items where it increased the blast radius from let say 4 to 5 in babysteps

but depending on the tactical situation and (adjusted ) playstyle  it doesn't matter so much if you have to wait 32 seconds or 22 to get a grenade to throw  again ...just stay longer in cover.

what i wish for would be more personal slots for the soldier classes like a general trooper-template  1 to 8  that i could kit-out and doesn't have to change cards and so abilities on the fly between the respawns. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

lol - that is pretty accurate. I fell in love with the game - it is a thing of beauty - but the story is ridiculously fast in transition and really doesn't make a lot of sense. Almost like DC got a hold of the script and went "Hold on - we can shorten this shit".
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Last Jedi DLC is out today. 

First Order won the live event, as I expected. 

Battle of Crait is very interesting.  Those AT-M6's are nuts. 

First impression is that Finn is WAY better than Phasma. 

Going to crack open the second half of the campaign tonight.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus