Wing Leader GMT games

Started by acctingman, October 27, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

I've been looking on BGG and reading some material on these two games (Wing Leader series).

Who owns them? Any comments on the series? Good or bad?

I'll take your comments off the air, thanks  :notworthy:

mirth

I own them. They are great games. Recommend them without hesitation.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

we've run events at Origins with them the past 2 years, to rave reviews.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

His got canceled for lack of players.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 27, 2017, 09:05:21 AM
His got canceled for lack of players.

whose point are you trying to make?

mirth

acctingman

LOL

Love how threads get totally derailed here!

Thanks for the comments gents. Good enough for me to warrant a purchase  O0

mirth

Derailed? We've been talking about Wing Leader the entire time.

acctingman

Huh....maybe you're right. I'm just used to threads getting derailed here  :P

bayonetbrant

it's a solid assumption to make

Barthheart

They're great games. Fun, easy to learn and easy to solo. They also look fantastic.

Nefaro

The mechanics have some relation to LBW's Downtown air war game, which turned into a series.  Not surprising considering they were originally concocted by the same guy.

The Wing Leader series is easier to get into, though, since it doesn't have all the hidden planning & info stuff so embedded in the Downtown series.  Makes it easier to run both sides if you need to, along with some less finely detailed bits shortening the learning curve.

Kushan

How are the solo rules for Wing Leader: Supremacy 1943-1945? Since I don't have a gaming group, solo is really my only option. GMTs website ranks it as a high medium but curious to hear some first hand impressions.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play