The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Supposed to be 6 degrees this weekend (43 F) this weekend. Not going to complain about that in December.  8)

MetalDog

The high today was 47.  Felt good working out there.  Tomorrow, the 'feels like,' temperature will be between 18 and 23 for (hopefully) part of the day.  That will be less fun to work in.  And I'll be right by the water the entire morning.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Snow here this morning, a good 2" of it, but we never went to the freezing point or below it (no hard freezes). I know it'll all be gone in a few hours but what a surprise that was, not just to see it but see so much of it. The last time was about 7 years ago and then it was only a very light dusting that barely stuck around.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Patiently awaitng the panicked bread and milk reports.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2017, 11:21:51 AM
Patiently awaitng the panicked bread and milk reports.

and eggs.  don't forget the eggs

French toast for everyone!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

mirth

Sir Slash

One thing I don't understand. if everybody in the North loves snow, why are they always trying to move it somewhere else? With shovels, and plows, and blowers? Very odd.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

mirth

mirth

Sir Slash

Everyone seems so pleasantly excited at the prospect of the very first snowfall that I assumed it was, practically an orgasmic experience. My bad. I guess I was wrong then. So, if you had a choice, six inches of snow or a kick in the nards, which would it be?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.