The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yeah kinda outta nowhere we're getting our first snow Saturday evening, 3-4 inches and maybe another 6 inches early next week.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

We may get up to half a foot of snow Saturday night. Shit's getting real.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Looks like the closer to the coast for this one the more snow. I'm going to be further upstate at a friends cabin near the NY/MA border and there may only be 1-2 inches up there. Looks like more inland with the next storm. Going to get seriously cold next week too. Little premature in the season but I got my new tires on the Subaru in August 👍

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Sir Slash

We here in Fla. act the same way when the first Yankees show-up each year.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 07, 2017, 07:32:16 PM
We here in Fla. act the same way when the first Yankees show-up each year.

We act the same way when they cross the Mason/Dixon line heading south.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on December 07, 2017, 07:14:01 PM
https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/938923689973829632

Dude is in Austin if I remember right. You do NOT drive in the snow in Texas. The morons on these roads are already idiots in clear or rainy weather. Snow adds an entirely new dimension to their dipshittedness.

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

mirth

bayonetbrant

We went to the Gator Bowl in J'ville back in '02.  It was f'n' cold on the 31st. Gameday wasn't so bad but we froze on the afternoon of New Year's Eve.

You expect to be cold in Atlanta for New Year's since it's up in the hills.  But J'ville's on the coast.  You shouldn't be freezing out there.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers