The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Gorgeous here today. It got up to about 15 Celsius here today, with no wind. We call that shorts weather.  :coolsmiley:

Sir Slash

The wife and I took in a high school football game- the local team vs the next town up the road rivalry. The weather was perfect for eating a burger and a soda, sitting in the stands and yelling for the Home Team, about 60 degrees with a slight breeze and sky clear as a bell with a bright moon overhead. Perfect football weather.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2017, 10:45:56 PM
The wife and I took in a high school football game- the local team vs the next town up the road rivalry. The weather was perfect for eating a burger and a soda, sitting in the stands and yelling for the Home Team, about 60 degrees with a slight breeze and sky clear as a bell with a bright moon overhead. Perfect football weather.

that sounds like a fantastic evening
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Passing up seeing the Jets play tomorrow because of the storm coming.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Went to our local HS football last night.  30 min drive to get there, rained the whole time, and was in 30's the whole time.

But, our team pulled an upset in double OT!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on October 28, 2017, 04:09:40 PM

why in gods name would you want to see the jets play?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on October 28, 2017, 04:09:40 PM

You should be thanking that storm.

Sir Slash

Bet that's just an excuse to stay home and peruse gaming sales. Or else get his Halloween costume as Mighty Mouse ready.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I donned my Halloween costume with The Wife at a party last night. Pictures will not Be posted here.

Pouring rain and wind here today, glad I did not go to the Jets game. Looks even more miserable than usual. And now the Falcons are in the lead.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

The string nailed to the outside of the house- is it wet and fluttering?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

maybe they can fire Whitefish to reconnect them all   >:D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

When you lose power do what I did when Irma had us down for 5 days. Have a couple of drinks, sit in front of your computer, and pretend like you're playing something really good... and winning. At the very least it will make other people in the house silently move away from you, and not bother you by telling old stories of how everybody lived like this when they were kids.  :bd: