The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Careful SDR! I hear that Endor..... could be a trap.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

A bit of snow here this morning as a reminder it's still winter.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

This is the third weekend in a row with rain, fog, and drizzle.  I'm not complaining, because it could be snow.

Two weeks ago I went for a trail run in the pouring rain.  The rain wasn't a problem, but one of the creeks was flooded and I had to wade across rushing, shin-deep water, which was COLD.  This morning I went for a run.  When I started, it was a light drizzle, but as I was finishing, it was pouring.  As soon as I got home, I took a quick shower, and by the time I was done the rain had stopped.  Perfect timing on my part.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Toonces

Trailrunner, God made these things called "treadmills" where a person can run in dry, climate controlled comfort.

Just in case you didn't know.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Surfline is calling for a stormier than normal March, which means more waves, but not sure about the rest of it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

Ninety One degrees here today meaning it's officially 'Pool Weather'. For the kids of course. Old people don't go in until it hits 95, which will probably be about Tuesday.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Pretty much every day in casa Toonces:

Me:  "Hey, check out this new house (in San Diego) that just popped up!"

Wife:  "Nice kitchen, nice yard, we should check it out!"

Daughter:  "Does it have a pool?"

Me:  "Do you know how much it costs to maintain a pool?!"

Daughter:  "So?"

Me:   ::)

mirth

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd