Walking dead season 8

Started by ghostryder, October 25, 2017, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

5% of population = 1 in 20.  Were there at least 20 characters on Walking Dead?  Yes.  You get a gay one.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Hofstadter

It's almost as if gay people have personalities

But that can't be it....
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

GDS_Starfury

so what was your gay moment like?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ghostryder

Then let me suggest a show for you guys that your love on Netflix. Sense 8. The cast....8. Only two are straight. There's a sex scene every episode...everyone gets one except the straight couple--they get nothing the whole season. What does all the gay sex scenes have to do with the general theme of the show? Absolutely nothing. It's right up your alley.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 04:39:52 AM
Then let me suggest a show for you guys that your love on Netflix. Sense 8. The cast....8. Only two are straight. There's a sex scene every episode...everyone gets one except the straight couple--they get nothing the whole season. What does all the gay sex scenes have to do with the general theme of the show? Absolutely nothing. It's right up your alley.

if you're clearly so concerned with the fact that gay folks get a chance to have their stories told, why are you bothering to watch?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Stay homophobic my friends....
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JudgeDredd

Quote from: ghostryder on November 01, 2017, 09:32:30 PM
I don't dislike gay people...it's their agenda that I dislike. they got to be represented now in all forms of entertainment....even a zombie a apocalypse can't skirt the agenda. Yet...in reality they represent less than 5% of the population they have to be represented 100 percent on our TV screen? Pleeeeese!
Are you actually joking...100% on your TV screen?

The guy was literally seen being teary eyed over seeing the guy he loved being shot....what exactly was the big deal?

And gay people's agenda being what? To get people to look at them as they would a straight person and not like they've got two heads?

People view gay relationships as odd/unacceptable/disgusting/against the lord/filthy for various reasons.

I had a discussion with an old army buddy and I was rather shocked at his lack of movement and progression over acceptance of people. He said - and not a direct quote because you know...memory...but along the lines of - "They're everywhere now"...like they weren't everywhere before. They were just in the shadows because that's where they had to be otherwise they were disowned by family, disowned by friends, disowned by the community and unemployable. Being gay wasn't an acceptable thing to be.

Now people might have that view for other reasons still...and that's their prerogative to have those views. But the "agenda" is to make being gay not "a bad thing" not "a mental illness" and not "a disease"

We saw Rick and Michonne getting it on last season I think. To some that would still be viewed as abhorrent. To others, it wasn't and likely that's because over the years it's been mainstreamed more and so become acceptable - to some.

Others just won't get passed their bigotry - but you can't change everyone.

Point is the "agenda" that you do not appreciate is to try and help them appear normal to people whom otherwise will view them as abnormal.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 02, 2017, 06:12:01 AMPoint is the "agenda" that you do not appreciate is to try and help them appear normal to people whom otherwise will view them as abnormal.

+1

ghostryder

First off your premise and math is sorely off. That 5 percent was a generous number the gay community site often. the actual number is closer to 3 percent.--- why is that relevant and why is the agenda to have them included-whether it fits in with the premise of the show or not--is exactly to give the impression they are the norm. But 3 percent or even 5 percent isn't the norm is it? Thus this why the agenda is so apparant when one watches these shows. And pointing that agenda out DOES NOT make me homophobic-- it only brings focus to the PC tactic of name calling to silence the opposition---a regular occurance nowadays where you either shut up and don't speak your views or your some kind of phobic...I call BS.

Secondly if your going to say "there's 20 people on the show thus the gay stuff is okay" is totally intellectually dishonest. To get that 20 people you have to include the extras as there certainly isn't 20 main characters. But the show doesn't attempt to display the sexual orientation of the extras does it?...for all we know they all might be gay then? Of the main characters...and the second and third tier characters that have something written---the gay total...as usual...is hugely contrary to actual RL numbers--that's what makes the agenda stand out.

Thirdly..none of the above is even relevant to the premise of the show---a zombie show..but whatever...keep your political correctness rolling and don't forget the Aveeno :hug:

mirth

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
And pointing that agenda out DOES NOT make me homophobic--

No, it's the rest of your rant against gay people on TV that does.

mirth

Thirdly..none of the above is even relevant to the premise of the show---a zombie show..

Exactly, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse. You're bitching because gay characters are ruining the "realism" of your zombie apocalypse show.

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on November 02, 2017, 07:20:13 AM
Thirdly..none of the above is even relevant to the premise of the show---a zombie show..

Exactly, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse. You're bitching because gay characters are ruining the "realism" of your zombie apocalypse show.

And what about a zombie apocalypse precludes gays being present? 3% or 5% some will end up as zombies and some will be normal.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 07:09:29 AMTo get that 20 people you have to include the extras as there certainly isn't 20 main characters.

here's 32 characters with at least 20 episodes each
You tell me which ones are extras

Aaron54 episodes, 2015-2018
Andrea Harrison35 episodes, 2010-2013
Beth Greene51 episodes, 2011-2016
Bob Stookey23 episodes, 2013-2016
Carl Grimes / ... 115 episodes, 2010-2018
Carol Peletier / ... 112 episodes, 2010-2018
Daryl Dixon / ... 113 episodes, 2010-2018
Dr. Eugene Porter / ... 68 episodes, 2014-2018
Dwight36 episodes, 2015-2018
Enid33 episodes, 2015-2018
Father Gabriel Stokes63 episodes, 2014-2018
Glenn Rhee81 episodes, 2010-2016
Gregory32 episodes, 2016-2018
Hershel Greene38 episodes, 2011-2016
Lori Grimes36 episodes, 2010-2016
Maggie Greene / ... 108 episodes, 2011-2018
Michonne96 episodes, 2012-2018
Morgan Jones / ... 53 episodes, 2010-2018
Negan33 episodes, 2016-2018
Paul 'Jesus' Rovia / ... 34 episodes, 2016-2018
Rick Grimes / ... 115 episodes, 2010-2018
Rosita Espinosa / ... 68 episodes, 2014-2018
Sasha Williams69 episodes, 2012-2017
Sgt. Abraham Ford38 episodes, 2014-2017
Shane Walsh20 episodes, 2010-2012
Simon22 episodes, 2016-2018
Spencer Monroe27 episodes, 2015-2016
Tara Chambler / ... 71 episodes, 2013-2018
The Governor20 episodes, 2012-2015
Theodore 'T-Dog' Douglas20 episodes, 2010-2012
Tobin20 episodes, 2015-2017
Tyreese Williams32 episodes, 2012-2016

Sorry you're so bad at math