Main Menu

Project Cars 2

Started by JudgeDredd, September 27, 2017, 09:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Anyone picking (picked) it up?

I watched a review online which mentioned a lot of pros, cons and neutral elements. Didn't seem like it was worth the £45 to me as the AI was getting a bit of a slapping. A lot of content for sure - 170 cars and 50+ tracks I believe with some variations too...but the AI needs to be fairly competent for me to get any money out of it.

I have to say I loved Project Cars so I was hotly anticipating the second one...but I'll need to see some people talk positive about the AI before I burn that money on a racing game.
Alba gu' brath

RyanE

I loved PCars.  I'll get it.  Didn't know it was out yet.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Slick Wilhelm

Are there any Indy cars or modern F1 cars available in this version?

RyanE

I just downloaded it.  There are Indy cars and some knock off F1 cars.  There is a full list on the dev site.

Moreb

It's been many years since I've played any racing games. Is this something an amateur can play with a controller or is it something more geared towards aficionados?
When dongles fly? - mirth

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Moreb on September 27, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
It's been many years since I've played any racing games. Is this something an amateur can play with a controller or is it something more geared towards aficionados?
I believe you can play with controller and there's certainly settings to make things easier for the new person to racing. I've never tried controller, but the game is apparently out for PS4 and XBox too...so...
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on September 27, 2017, 05:49:50 PM
Are there any Indy cars or modern F1 cars available in this version?
As RyanE said, there's Indy cars and the "knock off" F1 he speaks of is Formula Renault I believe.
Alba gu' brath

Moreb

I think Forza 7 may be a little more user friendly for casual racers such as myself.

Grim.Reaper

i used a controller on last version and was totally manageable.  can't compare to a wheel since i don't own, but the controller felt good for me but i am not a serious driver, more on the casual side.

jamus34

I have PC1 on pc and it's not too playable with a controller.

Maybe they improved pc2 but I would suggest wheel and pedals. Forza series is a lot more arcadey but is actually playable with a controller.
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

Who was I kidding. I couldn't resist!
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jamus34 on September 28, 2017, 10:11:37 AM
I have PC1 on pc and it's not too playable with a controller.

Maybe they improved pc2 but I would suggest wheel and pedals. Forza series is a lot more arcadey but is actually playable with a controller.

Certainly a wheel will always be preferable, but controller definitely was OK for at last me.

Moreb

but I would suggest wheel and pedals.

I may just do that. Once I get the proper requisition requests forms from Headquarters authorized.  It looks like a $700 investment for a mid range setup but I imagine it is quite the experience.

jamus34

Quote from: Moreb on September 28, 2017, 06:27:49 PM
but I would suggest wheel and pedals.

I may just do that. Once I get the proper requisition requests forms from Headquarters authorized.  It looks like a $700 investment for a mid range setup but I imagine it is quite the experience.

Jeebus, really? That's a heck of an outlay for wheel / pedals.
Insert witty comment here.