Distant Worlds Universe

Started by Skwerl, August 15, 2017, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Quote from: OJsDad on August 16, 2017, 10:34:33 AM
I cannot wait until we get our first look at Dw2.
Seconded.  Of all upcoming 4x/grand strategy titles, that's probably the one I'm anticipating the most. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

Heads up! A SUPER interesting mod has been around for DWU.
StarLab has created a new LP on YouTube to show it off here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPDIxci0zFs&list=PLzEZx9zuF9_6PTHGRqqYJLStcw9Vx0VOt

The mod is called Bacon Mod by Roger Bacon. Original thread here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4263783

This mod adds some very interesting gameplay options. Gravity wells around stars. The wells do not influence jump time INTO the system, but it does influence jump time OUT of a system. You can also have smaller ships jump more quickly than larger ones.

Seperate fighter and bomber bays. State ships can be built by any Empire to manually set military cargo missions to supply your production chain manually if need be.

And as its an .exe mod, the game is now flagged to use more than 4GB RAM and its pretty much compatible with all other mods.
Once again this makes DWU even more unique!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jack Brown

Oh, just what I need. Another good 4X game. I may never get my laundry done... ::)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Jack Brown on November 12, 2017, 12:03:22 PM
Oh, just what I need. Another good 4X game. I may never get my laundry done... ::)

Except, this one has been around for eight years...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Moreb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 12, 2017, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: Jack Brown on November 12, 2017, 12:03:22 PM

Except, this one has been around for eight years...

That's one heck of a pile of laundry.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Millipede

Since many of you having been praising this game for years, I finally decided to take the $20 plunge. Now I just have to climb the learning curve. Any of you have a link to good (I figure some are more gooder  :uglystupid2: than others) YouTube tutorials?

Yskonyn

JudgeDredd

^ that's a comprehensive list of videos  O0

Quote from: Millipede on December 06, 2017, 04:13:12 PM
...Now I just have to climb the learning curve....
Paradoxically I found the learning curve huge given how much you can hand off to the AI.

I think that's because I was wanting to control more than I was willing to relinquish to the AI. Part of that was down to my own desire to do so and part of it was down to people telling me that handing off to the AI doesn't help you learn.

However - handing off to the AI does help you learn in chunks.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

spelk

mbar

Did anyone see that Slitherine are now selling DWU on GOG.COM?

Also Pandora, Star Hammer, and Polaris Sector.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20171205_launch_promo_slitherine

<Long time lurker>

Pete Dero

Millipede

Great stuff! Gonna take me a bit to get through them all (yuh think?) but they should get me on the way. Thanks for the help.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mbar on December 07, 2017, 09:10:38 AM
Did anyone see that Slitherine are now selling DWU on GOG.COM?

Also Pandora, Star Hammer, and Polaris Sector.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20171205_launch_promo_slitherine

<Long time lurker>
Welcome  O0
Alba gu' brath