Long time lurker, first time poster.

Started by Moezilla, April 16, 2017, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Quote from: Moezilla on April 16, 2017, 08:19:49 PM
... I'm going to throw up an AAR I did a couple of months ago, maybe some Warfighter fans will enjoy it. :)

indeed :) looking forward to your AAR

Wellcome Moezilla O0

Staggerwing

Greetings Moezilla! Any friend of Jayne Cobb is always welcome!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

Welcome to Grogheads, Moezilla!  A pleasure to have you with us! 

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 16, 2017, 10:25:32 PM
Welcome to the Grogs Moezilla. People with strange hats are always welcome here. Or is it people with strange heads are always welcome here? Either way, good to have you with us.
It might be more accurate to simply say that people who are strange are welcome here.  (After all, this is where the rest of us hang out...)  :-" 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Moezilla

Wargamers are strange? I always thought it was everyone else who was strange.  ;D

Cyrano

Welcome!

Sit down, make yourself to home, there's soda in the fridge and scotch on the shelf (hope you brought your own ice), keep your hands away from MetalDog's mouth when he's eating, and always remember that Brant wrote a game called Warfighter long before DVG ever thought of the name.

Oh, and the Napoleonic is the only really good period for wargaming.  The others are fine second choices, but will always be just that.

Your Servant,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Cyrano on April 20, 2017, 03:00:51 PM
and always remember that Brant wrote a game called Warfighter long before DVG ever thought of the name.

:DD
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Also, we apparently have something around here called a "front page".  Few have actually found it, and is generally spoken of more as a myth or legend than a real place.  Still, should you be one of those fortunate enough to come across it, it's supposed to be worth checking out.  O:-) 

Quote from: Moezilla on April 20, 2017, 01:45:24 PM
Wargamers are strange? I always thought it was everyone else who was strange.  ;D
Oh, they are -- just for different reasons.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Many have sought the mythical Front Page. Few have returned and those that have were never the same again.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Yes, they come back wearing funny hats.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moezilla

That explains my hat, I came here through the front page.  ;D

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

Hello there..........

Sorry, just woke up.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

Sorry Bob. We'll try to be more quiet from now on.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

I'd appreciate that.

Oh, and a cup of coffee, if its not too much trouble.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash