Main Menu

Dunkirk

Started by Pinetree, December 14, 2016, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I had to make special plans to see it so I understand.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Promise the wife some extra luvin?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Better get your 'extra luvin chair' out to stand on Gus.  :DD   I know, I know-- cheap shot. But better I said it first before someone who would really hurt your feelings.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I actually promised to not bother her about the luvin' :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2017, 11:12:08 AM
I actually promised to not bother her about the luvin' :/

So, you took the standard wedding vows.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/07/17/review-christopher-nolan-excellent-dunkirk-explores-heroism-innovative-fashion/482574001/

QuoteThe trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way. Still, Nolan's feat is undeniable: He's made an immersive war movie that celebrates the good of mankind while also making it clear that no victory is without sacrifice.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

He could have told the story of all the black female tankers the Wehrmacht was using in 1940 if he wanted to.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2017, 06:40:30 PM
He could have told the story of all the black female tankers the Wehrmacht was using in 1940 if he wanted to.

Jackie von Brown
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Heh. Have the PC and SJW waves crested yet? Because I like them as much as mirth likes humidity.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Yeah, I saw that story from USAToday posted by someone on FB and it had me furious (fuhrer-ous)...until I realized it was probably a troll move on USAToday's part to get everyone talking about USAToday and get people to go to their site. That's even more annoying than that stupid SJW crap the author spewed out.

Sir Slash

I have it on very good authority that the film will have the battle a result of a failed love relationship between Churchill and Goring. And the Spitfires will be running on solar power. Can't wait!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on July 19, 2017, 08:09:38 AM
This is one that might be worth seeing in IMAX

Saw the movie yesterday, definitively something you want to see in IMAX where possible. Unfortunately wasn't an option for me.

So how was it? How do you go watch and enjoy a movie that's been hyped up so much? Also, we're a difficult breed to make happy when it comes to war movies.

Well, it was refreshingly quite something else that I assumed it to be. And while at times I was wondering about certain things, the movie kept getting more and more tense as it went along, having started pretty much at full steam to begin with.

But no spoilers, go see it, worth watching for sure. I'd suggest skip any trailers before seeing it, true to any movie I guess. So annoying to realise oh that scene is coming now.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Loins moistening.  :clap: