Justice League

Started by mirth, July 24, 2016, 06:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

We'll all chip in Jason and get you some strippers

You'll be drunk and laid and then it will be a proper birthday

Sir Slash

But only after you puke-- then it's a proper birthday. Whether from the drinking or the strippers is up to you. Happy Belated Birthday!  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Needed more Arkham game footage. Otherwise  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Current plans seem solidified for the Flash solo film to reboot the DCEU with "Flashpoint"; which will be the final outing for Batfleck. Too bad, because I liked him in the role (but then I liked him in Daredevil, too, which is commonly considered heretical.) I didn't think his material and direction were always up to what he was doing on screen, and you can watch him visibly trying to disconnect himself from the ongoing trainwreck on a scene-by-scene basis, but he showed up to go big or go home.

(No doubt some of this decision was partly due to his associations with Weinstein and Ratner, and the Damon bros for that matter, but...)

Exactly what the new Batman trilogy will be about when it arrives, who even knows now. I regard every statement as being facetious at this point. Jon Hamm is being considered for the Batrole, though.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

Interesting about using Flashpoint to do a reboot. I wonder if that will lead to other recasting.

I like Batfleck too. He's at least as good as Bale, imo. Bale had far better films though. I think Affleck has been the best Bruce Wayne out of any of them. Clooney looked the part, but he slept walk through that POS movie.

Really not sure about Jon Hamm in the role. Would love to see them give it to Idris Elba. That would set the interwebz on fire.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Flashpoint was a terrifically entertaining animated film. About time they started looking to those writers and storylines for live action transformation.

JasonPratt

Current news seems confirmed that Affleck is definitely out with Flashpoint.

But then again, I'm starting to see things suggesting they aren't going to reboot with Flashpoint after all.  ::) ...I guess that's par for their course?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 12, 2017, 09:10:30 AM
...I guess that's par for their course?

If their par is the 'par' in SUBpar when it comes to making movies, then yes. Yes, it is.  ::)

BanzaiCat

My God this is an awful, awful movie.

mirth

Liked it better than Last Jedi

BanzaiCat

Last Jedi wasn't all that great but at least it was engaging. This is a mess. It doesn't know what it wants to be. I'm 28:38 in and am trying, man.

mirth

I didn't think it was that bad. No more of a mess than Suicide Squad or Last Jedi. The humor in JL worked better than the humor in LJ.

BanzaiCat

I'll keep at it. Maybe it'll get better.

BanzaiCat

OK, I finally finished it, having watched a bit here and there.

It definitely got better. It didn't help that I was pre-disposed to not want to like this from the track record of the previous DC movies.

This felt like it should have been DC's version of The Avengers, with some stand-alone movies for each other than just Wonder Woman and Superman/Superman vs. Bats. I felt it would have had a lot more charisma if I had more buy-in with the characters. Aquaman wasn't half bad - in fact he had some of the best lines. Still not sure why the kid playing The Flash couldn't be the kid from the TV series, nor why he had to have lightning-based powers that did look cool admittedly but didn't make a lot of sense.

Anyway - not a bad movie overall. Not great, could have been better, but not bad.