4e D&D

Started by Bison, May 21, 2012, 11:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayonet_Chris

The pre-fab terrain Brant is talking about is something I picked up at Origins years ago by Dwarven Forge. Pretty cool, but only if you're constantly in the terrain you buy.

I have a friend who does everything on his computer and uses a projector (or even plugs it into a monitor or TV) - he uses MapTool from RPTools.

meadbelly

Quote from: Bayonet_Chris on May 31, 2012, 06:37:35 PM
The pre-fab terrain Brant is talking about is something I picked up at Origins years ago by Dwarven Forge. Pretty cool, but only if you're constantly in the terrain you buy.

I have a friend who does everything on his computer and uses a projector (or even plugs it into a monitor or TV) - he uses MapTool from RPTools.

Dwarven Forge is beautiful stuff, but is too limited in scope and too high in price point to be practical for me. I use a small projector to display images and sometimes small narrative pieces. A group I recently played with used MapTools locally with a projector -- they had it mounted over the gaming table to project a virtual map down. We then used a Wii remote to interact with the virtual table (to move our avatars, set up zones, etc). It was effective, but I still prefer the minis route.

jfrazierjr

Quote from: Bayonet_Chris on May 31, 2012, 06:37:35 PM

I am he...  I have been using Maptool off and on for several years(don't get to GM very often) and have even contributed several patches and features to the application since...um say 2008 or so. 

bayonetbrant

is anyone still playing 4e?  Or has everyone jumped to 5e?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I'm still playing 2e.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on September 22, 2017, 12:14:21 PM
I'm still playing 2e.

that's b/c you have trouble counting to 4 ;)  O0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I can count to 932475394854387564329857431
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on September 22, 2017, 12:33:26 PM
I can count to 932475394854387564329857431

touche

(but what about fractions?)

mirth

I'm not half bad at fractions.

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 22, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
is anyone still playing 4e?  Or has everyone jumped to 5e?

I picked up a bunch of 4e books, but haven't played it yet.

mirth

bayonetbrant

Did you ever get to peruse that C&C book?