Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

My copy finally showed up unannounced.  :clap:

Con

Isnt that the modus operandi of UBoats?

:arr:

Barthheart

JasonPratt

At least it didn't blow up his house and then cruise on by...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

MACH SCHNELL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!

Someone named Tumba released a crazy-deluxe port of UBOOT to Tabletop Simulator last month (most recently updated May 20th). The table is set on a rusted hulk of the U96 conning tower, in a vomitous tossing sea!  :D (With sea spray occasionally and wind/wave noise!)

This is very much a promotional module, though not official, which leaves out a few key things (such as Enigma codes) to persuade players to buy the game: it's purely intended as a handy aid, not as a free replacement.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Most of the posts for this game on their Facebook fan page are incredible 3D printed U-Boots with beautiful paint schemes. Meanwhile I have yet to even try to play my copy/assemble my cardboard U-Boot.

I admit I'm terribly intimidated to try it solo, even though those that have played it solo say it's totally do-able.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just do it!  If you've ever played Silent Hunter, it'll be easy.  You can pause whenever you like so there's no pressure.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Also, be sure to read the info on each crew position in detail as presented in the app.  That's where all the rules updates appear.

Rekim

In my limited experience it is absolutely necessary to make liberal use of the pause button when playing solo. While this may take away from an interesting aspect of the game, it just isn't practical for an individual to manage all aspect of fighting with a uboat in real-time. There is even in a upside in that you can take all the time you like to analyze situations and plan your attacks/escape etc. I'm having a blast with it so far.

Even with multiple players I expect the pause button will be needed while learning the game.