Map editing ( opinion poll of sorts )

Started by Andy ONeill, February 22, 2018, 06:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy ONeill

Hi guys,
What I'm interested in is what sort of a map editor user you are likely to be.

If you take a look at the changelog you'll notice I've done a bit of an experiment proving the practicality of including some extra functionality via an external application.
Essentially, you'd use InkScape to trace or draw stuff which could be incorporated in a map.
This is something which is fairly easy for me to enable and would get you functionality way beyond what will happen otherwise.

Here are my questions:

1) How enthusiastic a scenario designer are you likely to be?
On a scale of 0 to 5 where 0 is "Never - I will just use other people's or buy them" to 5 "Always - this is why I like General Staff".

2) How enthusiastic a map designer are you likely to be? ( Some people may want to re-use existing maps ).
On a scale of 0 to 5 where 0 is "Never - I will just use other people's or buy them" to 5 "Always - this is why I like General Staff".

3) How familiar with graphics design and such apps are you?
On a scale of 0 to 5 where 0 is "Not used one" to 5 "This is my job or hobby".

4) If it offers you flexibility, how likely are you to get down and dirty with xaml?
On a scale of 0 to 5 where 0 is "I'm never going to bother" to 5 "I already know it or I love learning stuff like that".

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus