Video showing the General Staff Map Editing Module

Started by Dr D Ezra Sidran, May 01, 2017, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr D Ezra Sidran

You can create your own maps using the built-in tools or scan maps from books like the Official Military Atlas of the Civil War. Following up on the suggestion of a Grognard we're going to add the ability to print out maps from this module at 4X the size so they can be used for miniatures and block wargames.

panzerde

And these maps, particularly the ones based on existing maps that you can import, really look amazing!

Finally getting a real computer Kriegspiel here.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Dr D Ezra Sidran

I was wondering if in addition to printing out very large maps if it would be helpful if you could also print out Order of Battle unit counters?

panzerde

Quote from: Dr D Ezra Sidran on May 03, 2017, 07:57:21 AM
I was wondering if in addition to printing out very large maps if it would be helpful if you could also print out Order of Battle unit counters?

As an aid to tabletop gaming, definitely. My only concern is that adding too many features like this potentially distracts from the core of the game, and could end up over-complicating things.

Dr D Ezra Sidran

Ah, yes! The dreaded FEATURE CREEP!

Well, printing out large scale maps is pretty easy. I don't know how hard making a PDF of the Order of Battle Tables would be.

panzerde

Quote from: Dr D Ezra Sidran on May 03, 2017, 05:06:10 PM
Ah, yes! The dreaded FEATURE CREEP!

Well, printing out large scale maps is pretty easy. I don't know how hard making a PDF of the Order of Battle Tables would be.

Lots of libraries already out there to handle that, so it shouldn't be too tough. Being an IT guy though, I'm always cautious about ever-expanding scopes!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dr D Ezra Sidran